“Fabulous Gelato”

Belgian Gelato
Ranked #4 of 38 Dessert in Charleston
Cuisines: Belgian, Cafe
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Traditional freshly made gelato inspired by the flavors of Belgian Chocolates. Belgian Gelato specializes in true classic gelato flavors that are made fresh in each store every morning. Authentically made from scratch Belgian Dessert Waffles are baked fresh to order and are topped with a variety of delicious warm topping and/or gelato. Traditional Belgian Toasti sandwiches are toasted fresh to order and are the perfect snack. Novelty and classic coffee beverages are available to compliment any order. Belgian Gelato Shops are recognized by their Art Deco interior, crisp, clean environment and outstanding customer service. Come visit us at one of our shops in downtown Charleston to sample our delicious gelato!
Leawood, Kansas
“Fabulous Gelato”
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Topped off dinner with Belgian Gelato and glad we did. Worth the wait as line moves fast. Employees are very friendly and great about offering samples. Amazing gelato and fun place to be.

1 Thank HallMarkers

• Korean first
Boston, MA
“The girls working there are wonderful”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I had my hands on a very unhappy toddler when the fountain down the street wasn't on after we had promised her after a long day that she could play in the fountain after dinner. Belgian Gelato was within sight and the girls there were so sweet with my daughter and even offered her a different flavor for free when she didn't like the first one. I didn't catch their names, but the girls working on Friday June 20th around 6pm near the waterfront park were the best.

I loved my salted caramel gelato also, but the girls working there turned our "ruined" evening around. Thanks!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Ashley N
New York City, New York
“Very Refreshing ”
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Great coconut cream gelato on a hot day!! Very clean and presentable. Check them out and sample the various flavor gelatos.

1 Thank Annuccia1223
Indianapolis
“Awesome”
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

This is the best Gelato on the peninsula. Their chocolate is just awesome. Gelato is amazing on a hot summer day.

1 Thank simon1286
Florida
“Surprisingly delicous!”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I'm normally not a fan of gelato, but my kids insisted on going here--and I'm so glad we did! Belgian Gelato is right across the street from Waterfront Park, so the location is perfect if you're checking out historic Charleston.

The store itself is very small with only a few seats, and there are a lot of customers going in and out. There are many flavors, and the employees are happy to let you sample them before deciding on a flavor. My son and I had the Belgian Extreme Chocolate, which was very rich--it tasted like heaven! My other son had vanilla, and he finished the entire cup, which is surprising because he is really picky about ice cream in general. My husband enjoyed the chocolate peanut butter. They also sell pastries, so I bought a chocolate-covered croissant for later, and it was excellent.

As far as prices, the smallest cup is just over $4.00, which we ordered, and prices go up from there. For us, the small cup size was just right. You can also eat it on a waffle cone. If you order the cup, they also place a mini waffle cone on top--so cute and delicious!

I would highly recommend stopping by here for an after lunch (or dinner) dessert or if you're craving some good gelato!

• Visited June 2014