“Slow service; good food”
Review of Parson Jack's Cafe

Parson Jack's Cafe
Ranked #659 of 971 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: French Quarter
Reviewed 3 July 2014

There were only a handful of people in Parson Jacks at noon, but it took 50 minutes for the kitchen to get our lunch out. Can't imagine the service on a busy day. My burger was tasty, but overcooked. I asked for medium and it was well done. But the bun was fresh and the bacon was perfectly cooked and the avocado was just right. My wife had salmon on a bun with a seasoned tarter sauce; it was perfect, but her sweet potato fries were burnt. But the restaurant needs a good cleaning.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

If you want to wait forever for your food, have the driest, most bready, patty melt or rueben on the planet, this is your resturant! This place is run by a bunch of young "I dont care" attitude I have ever been too. With all the great places to eat in Charleston, it seems that the owners care more about their Jack Russell terriers than their customers. Even after waiting an hour for food, and asking the manager about the slow service, it was an excuse that they "only had a couple of cooks", and not, "I am sorry", or "let me get you a. free desert or something will be taken off the check." The food was dry and cooked to death. Owners, you need to start running your resturant, your managers are worthless.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Our family suggested we eat here after the kids soccer game (fields behind rest.). They had eaten here several times. I have been in the food business for many years and I will not be going back! The place is a bar and needs to stick with bar food wings, burgers, hotdogs and fries. The staff has not been properly trained therefore the service was pathetic. There are way to many great restaurants in Charleston to waist your time and money going here. The owners should be ashamed to call this a restaurant. Pathetic!

1  Thank Victor B
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We ate here on Valentine's Day, but only for the live entertainment, which was fabulous. The table had a sticky feel, the bench seat was hard and uncomfortable. I literally stuck to the bathroom floor. Eww!

I ordered a half reuben and a salad. The corned beef was scant but what was there was very good, very tender. The salad was boring and plain. The southwestern ranch was very thin, heavy on the spice, light on the ranch. My husband ordered a burger, which he enjoyed but his side was tortilla chips and salsa. The chips were generic. For being supposedly homemade the salsa tasted surprisingly bottled.

Service was agonizingly slow. We could easily have walked out without paying because our waitress was MIA. I would only return for the entertainment.

1  Thank Labpyra
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Best Reuben in Charleston! Outstanding wings and over the top salads! I have been a regular at PJ's since it opened.