“Anniversary Dinner”

Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Caribbean, Jamaican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: S Market St.
Description: Still looking? Haven't found authentic Caribbean food? You're about to experience a new wave in fine Caribbean cuisine. Discover "the next generation, the all new bona fide Caribbean dining experience". Your palate will be awakened to rediscover a culinary pride that has now influenced the world. Caribbean cuisine may have come late to the world's culinary scene, but it has proven to be one of the most buoyant additions. Come enjoy a taste of the Islands.
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Our wedding party and other friends joined us for our anniversary weekend in Charleston. We used Jamaican Me Hungry for dinner on Saturday. It was very intimate and the setting is lovely. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed the food and the service was outstanding. If you want the place to yourselves like we had it, make arrangements with the staff in advance to buy the restaurant out for the evening. It was well worth it, a very memorable evening!

Reviewed 30 August 2013

A little off the main street, I am so glad that the smell of their good cooking was easy to follow. I cant like this place enough, would have given it 10 stars. Small, like your over a friends apartment for dinner. It was so good I had to ask the cook to come out so I could meet her.
We had three teenaged girls with us and all of them raved about their meal as well. I recommend you go outside the box and give this amazing place a try. The only suggestion would be a BIGGER sign to help people find it.
Donna from New York

Reviewed 7 August 2013

They have the best Jamaican food hands down. The food was well seasoned and fresh. The ambiance was quiet and quaint, and the service was excellent. I recommend this place to anyone looking for authentic Jamaican food.

Reviewed 24 July 2013 via mobile

I dined here in May 2013 with my husband. We were walking around downtown near the markets looking for a great place for lunch when my husband smelled a delicious aroma we couldn't resist. We followed the aroma to Jamaican Me Hungry and we were amazed at the chill, Jamaican ambiance. The food was FABULOUS! I had the best ox tails I had ever eaten and my husband enjoyed the curry goat. Service was amazing and the setting was upscale. I would recommend everyone to this place! It's a little hidden but follow the aroma! Can't wait to go back here for my champagne kola. Love it!

Reviewed 14 July 2013

Stumbled upon this intimate Caribbean Supper Club tonight and had the best meal! Tiny space right in the middle of downtown Charleston (next to the Market) with authentic Jamaican food and wonderful service. The owners are so nice and very attentive. Bob Marley playing while you dine. Our meal was wonderful start to finish - chicken soup/salad/Jerk Chicken/Crab legs and a great dessert! FYI - BYOB. We will go back!