“STAY AWAY!!!!!”

InTown Suites Charleston Southwest
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Charleston
InTown Suites Charleston Southwest
Ranked #56 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
Charleston, South Carolina
“STAY AWAY!!!!!”
Reviewed 21 May 2012

This motel chain is the worst place i have ever seen. There were cockroaches swarming all over i had to combat them daily!! This place is dirty i had to throw away several items after my stay for fear of roach eggs in my stuff. i had to leave my room so they could clean, and my deposit has not been returned to me. i literally left early because of the roaches and filth, i would never ever stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
14 Thank ATM69

Couples
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 15 July 2010

beds are very uncomforable the front desk should offer inftormation about the town of Charleston like bus routes schedules places to go and things to do and just be a little more friendly a smile never hurt anybody or a hello .

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
15 Thank Diane020
plano, texas
Reviewed 5 April 2010

Horrible!!! I am writing this review at midnight, becoz i cannot go to sleep because of bed bugs, dirty bed sheets.Internet sucks.I cannot check out as i had paid for a week.Please stay away from this Motel.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
14 Thank bellamkonda
Charleston, SC
Reviewed 6 February 2009

Location: 5035 North Arco Lane, North Charleston, SC; General Manager: Nicole Ortiz

This was the second time that I've stayed at a weekly hotel. The first time was tolerable, but this time was miserable. A few minutes after check-in we noticed two roaches on the floor of the bathroom. One was twitching, the other was dead. I decided to use one of the "take home" towels to wipe off the kitchen table in the room before I began to work. This yielded a thick grey coat of gunk. After an hour or so I found the chemical smell to be really bad. Then my eyes started burning. I guess that the smell was bug killer applied liberally by the cleaning crew. A cracked window helped a little, but the room still smelled bad...like someone had did and been left to ripen. At around 6pm the parking lot began to fill up. Within minutes it was hard to have a conversation and hear the person next to me in the room. The walls were paper thin and it didn't matter if the room next door, above, or on the other side of the kitchen wall was having a conversation or watching TV it sounded like they were in my room. By 8 or 9 pm the roaches began to arrive. From that time until sun up a trip to the bathroom or kitchen involved an agressive effort to fend off the roaches. Shoes were needed to use the toilet. On a later trip to the bathroom I noticed that the air vent at the top of the room was coated with a thick coat of dust/gunk. The front desk staff seemed to be well researsed in playing games to avoid dealing with unhappy customers. Calling the company's headquarters or customer care line is an exercise in futility that was not worth the effort.

Stayed February 2009, travelled on business
17 Thank AtlanticBiz
North Carolina
Reviewed 31 March 2008

After helping family relocate from West Ashley SC we stayed at the Intown on Hwy 17S. This was the biggest mistake I have ever made and I have traveled all over. Unfortunately for us, this was Spring Break week and all accomodations were full and this was our only choice.

Three people (the maxium) stayed in our room for two nights. We paid for a week, but didn't stay. We were only provided 1 towel and 1 washcloth. That is it. The other two people didn't have any. We were told we couldn't get anymore either. We were told to go to the onsite laundry and wash them between each person.

You are only provided the toilet paper that is in your room when you check in. That's it. You buy the rest. Make sure if you choose to stay you have a full roll!

No linens were provided for the single bed - which really is a couch. Finally, we received 1 sheet. No top sheet and no bedspread. Just a sheet. How cosey huh?

No trash can in the room. Had to beg the manager for that too. Dang if I was buying my own trash can.

You must give 1 business day notice to check out before the scheduled end of your week. I indicated on my check out notice that I would leave at 11 a.m. However, due to circumstances beyond my control, I had to call and leave a message on the voice mail for the office that I would be checking out at 1 p.m. instead. THe office is only open from 11 a to 7 p. When I returned to the hotel at 12:40 to check out I tried to enter my room and found it was locked. Peering into the open shades I found my room to be completely cleared out and everything removed. I was livid. I went to the manager to find out what was going on and was told that I indicated 11 a.m. and at 11:30 they (maid) went and cleaned out unit. I asked him if he had not checked the voice messages. He indicated he hadn't had time!!!!!!! I have items that were removed from my room that I have yet to have replaced. I have complained to the Better Business Bureau, the SCDHEC and am filing a police report for the documentation of all the items missing and my suitcase.

Be smart, plan ahead, find somewhere else. Don't try to call their home office in GA or their customer service line because you'll get another voice mail and it states they'll call you back in the next business day. Guess what? I don't think they check their messages either because 48 hrs. later, I still haven't heard from them.

Stayed March 2008