All reviews king street front desk valet parking historic downtown meeting street free trolley visitor center few blocks upper king bars and restaurants within walking distance hotel restaurant valet service the room was nice upon check city market tammy
Reviewed 13 July 2013

We had booked this hotel through priceline in May so we didn't know what to expect. When I found out the name, I of course checked out reviews on trip advisor. There were only two negatives.
1. Too far out of the historic district
2. Run down location
Wrong, wrong. A block from King street to walk, trolley to historic district at the light in front of the hotel, and the complete location is being renovated. True, the building across the street was in shambles but soon to be gone we were told.
The hotel being brand new was amazingly beautiful and we enjoyed relaxing by the beautiful pool area after a long day of sightseeing. We usually don't eat in hotel restaurants but we had tapas one night and the food was fabulous as well as the breakfast.
All of the staff from valet, registration, housekeeping were so nice.
I can't write this without saying a special thank you to Daniel, the bartender in the Meeting Room. The three of us would always stop by the bar area for a cool drink after a long day of walking and tours and Daniel would playfully ask my daughter, "lemonade?" It got to be a fun ritual for us. He also made a restaurant recommendation our first night there and called for a reservation for us at "The Grocery" which was a block away from the hotel. It was so good we ate there two of our four nights in Charleston.
We can't say enough thank you's to you all and we miss you! You made our first trip to lovely Charleston special and hopefully not the last.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank misty2001
Dave N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Charleston Historic Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2013

I am grateful you took the time to discuss your recent stay at the hotel
You comments regarding our location and the surrounding area are much appreciated. Within the next couple of months there will be two luxury condominium complexes opening directly beside the hotel, and significant future investment in the area is already planned.
Upper King St is definitely thriving, and some of Charleston's finest restaurants and most popular bars are within a block of the hotel.
"Dan" is a great asset to our team and he was delighted you took the time to mention him in your review.
On closing, I am pleased we had the opportunity to accommodate you on your road trip and hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back should you visit Charleston in the future.
Many thanks,

Reviewed 13 July 2013

The Holiday Inn - Charleston Historic Downtown is very close to King Street, in which there are plenty of bars in walking distance, which is a must for a bachelor party! The hotel has a nice chill bar in the lobby, bartender makes you feel very comfortable, but if you want to go out for drinks, and really like beer - I would go to "Closed for Business" and get the BOOT! They will know what you mean!
The hotel itself must be new -- the rooms are nice, comfy bed, large bathroom, a docking station to play music from your IPhone. I know I mentioned the bar, but in addition the hotel also has a pool that's several stories up... a gym, and valet parking. There is also a couple of computers you can use in the lobby with Internet access.
And I would be terribly upset if I did not mention, THE MEETING ROOM, which is a resturant / tapas bar -- this is not a regular Holiday Inn place to go get food and run out. The food is delicious and unique. I was told that they make a point to try to get most of there ingredients from local farmers. The chef seems like he puts extra effort into his dishes! It would be a great place to bring a date for drinks and dinner if I lived closer (not Florida). They also have a breakfast buffet! :)

Hope this helped!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Magdy A

Many thanks for sharing your thoughts following your recent stay at the hotel. I am delighted we had the pleasure of accommodating "The Batchelor Party."
As you mention The Meeting Room Restaurant and Tapas Bar is not your typical Holiday Inn restaurant, and the Executive Chef takes great pride in ensuring only the finest and freshest of local produce are used in the dishes offered.
Our location close to King St. makes a great home base to enjoy Charleston's nightlife, and I am pleased your Bathelor Party was a success.
We would love to accommodate the bride and groom as our guests on their honeymoon. If the arrangements have not been made, I ask that they contact me in person so I can ensure we take care of their stay.
Congratulations,

Reviewed 11 July 2013

I had a wonderful experience staying here. The rooms were very clean and attractive. The entire staff was very helpful and accommodating, especially Brendon, Nicole, Terrell and I believe his name is AJ. The location is great because it is within walking distance to both King Street and Market Street where you can do plenty of shopping and dining out. I will definitely be staying here again on the next visit to Charleston.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Amy W

Thank you for sharing your thoughts following your recent visit.
Our staff strives to provide the highest level of guest service and I am delighted you took the time to mention Brendan, Nicole, Terrell and AJ.
I am also pleased that you found our location convenient to King St. and the Market area downtown.
We hope to welcome you back on any future trip to Charleston.
Thank you.

Reviewed 10 July 2013

My husband and I had our first trip to Charleston, S.C. just two weeks ago and had a wonderful stay in the Holiday Inn in the downtown area. The rooms were clean and well appointed and our beds were very comfortable. The staff was very accomodating. Everything was within walking distance. There is a lot of new construction going on right now but the noise never bothered us.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review following your recent stay at the hotel.
I am pleased you enjoyed your visit and I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on any future trip to Charleston.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 9 July 2013

I vacationed in Charleston the week of June 15-22, 2013. The staff of Holiday Inn were the BEST!!!!!
We were welcomed by the wonderful valet. This was wonderful after traveling 800 miles from Arkansas. Tammy and Brendon checked us in and made us feel so welcome to the hotel and Charleston. Our room was beautiful:) The bed was so comfortable. The room was clean and we had plenty of towels. The ammenities were wonderful. One night we forgot some things in our car and Terrell was nice enough to retrieve them for us. Thank you for making us feel comfortable during our stay in Charleston. We can't wait till next summer for another visit to your hotel. Have a wonderful year:)
Angie Adams

Room Tip: Great views of the Arthur Ravenel Jr Bridge!!! No loud noise in the hotel
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends

Ms. Adams,
I am delighted you enjoyed your recent visit to the Holiday Inn Charleston Historic Downtown.
I have shared your kind comments with the staff in particular, Brendan, Tammy and Terrell.
We try to ensure everyone has a memorable stay and we look forward to welcoming you back next year.
Thanks again.