“Great Hotel Service!!!!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #39 of 60 Hotels in Charleston
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Great Hotel Service!!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

Excellent modern property less than one mile from the Market and the downtown historical district. There's a free shuttle nearby, or a $7.00 cab fare to any of the sites. A special thanks to Kristin at the front desk. When we return to Charleston...this WIILL be our hotel of choice! King Street located one block behind the Hotel is becoming the up and coming area of Charleston with a variety of restaurants and clubs. The valet was excellent.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dave N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Charleston Historic Downtown, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Many thanks for your kind remarks following your recent stay, and taking the time to acknowledge Kristin.
We look forward to welcoming you back.
Kind regards.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Hilton Head, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

I came to Charleston for a get away weekend with a girlfriend. We had a wonderful balcony room and there are tons of yummy restaurants within walking distance. Kristin at the front desk gave us an excellent recommendation about Second Sunday. We enjoyed strolling down King Street and loved the great "locals feel". We really enjoyed lounging out by the pool area and are looking forward to our next stay.

Room Tip: Opt for a room with a balcony.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dave N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Charleston Historic Downtown, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Thank you for your review following your recent stay.
I'm pleased you enjoyed your visit and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Thank you.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

Valet was very courteous front desk was not helpful and actually gave wrong info. regarding shuttle bus. Restaurant was a complete disaster - waited 45 mins for very disappointing breakfast service was absolute terrible. Will not recommend and will not return.

• Stayed April 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank 3lamkins
I would like to offer my sincerest apologies for the problems you experienced during your recent visit.
Our guest service staff are usually recognised for their outstanding service so I am very dissapointed to read your comments.
I would also like to apologise for your experience in the restaurant.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Let me address the issues about the neighborhood. I think the people with issues about the surrounding area haven't stayed in an urban city before. Yes, if you walk one block over you will be near govt housing. But this is any city you stay in. If you go a block or two in the wrong direction you are bound to be in an iffy spot. The hotel has a night guard and keyed entry. At no point did I feel unsafe except for when we went to the Bi Lo down the street. DO NOT go to the Bi Lo. To get to King street (bars/shops/restaurants) you literally turn left and walk a few yards up Woolfe St and you are in a great district. Tons of places to eat. Close to bars and shops. The hotel is in a great spot. The view isn't spectacular but really who spends that much time admiring the view from the room? The staff were awesome. Be sure to tip the valets. I would certainly stay here again. The bends were comfy and rooms well appointed and I thought the location great.

Tip: hit up the Saturday farmers market for breakfast and lunch. It's cheap and you get a great variety instead of waiting in line at some overpriced stuffy restaurant. Avoid king street bars after 10 pm unless you want to be surrounded by drunk college students.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Mandabeth
Thank you.
I totally agree with your comments and would like to thank you for leaving such a positive review regarding our location.
We are located in the middle of an area of the city which is being transformed each day and within the next year will experience a complete face lift.
I am glad you enjoyed your stay and we look foward to seeing you again.
Kindest regards.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

I was a member of the Vietnam unit that had a reunion there on April 8th – 10th.
I was late in obtaining a room reservation, so I contacted "Jessica" and advised her of my situation.
She assured me that I would have a room and would be charged the special $139.00 rate that was being given to the reunion group.
Because I wasn’t arriving in Charleston by bus until about 9:00 A.M. on April 7th, she assured me that my room would be ready early and that I wouldn’t have to wait until the 4:00 P.M. check-in time.
When I arrived at the hotel at about 9:30 A.M., "Tammy" greeted me at the front desk.
When I identified myself, she advised me that my room was ready to check into and that there was no need for me to wait for any length of time.
During my 4-day/3-night stay there, I met with and chatted with her several times and found her to be very friendly and helpful and accommodating to me.
When I advised her that my bus would not be leaving Charleston until about 7:00 P.M. on April 10th and that I would be remaining at the hotel until late afternoon, she offered to let me stay in my room for 3 hours past the 11:00 A.M. check-out time.
That allowed me to get some extra sleep before checking out and making the long, tiring bus ride back home.
I never got to meet Jessica, but between her and Tammy, they both made the reservation process and my stay there very easy and enjoyable.
I personally rate them “5-star” employees.

Frank Lavallee
Valrico, Florida

1 Thank Frank L
Thank you for taking the time to recognise Tammy and Jessica, they are both valued members of the team and I appreciate all they do, everyday.
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and we all look forward to welcoming you back on any future visit to Charleston.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

Came to a home and garden tour in Charleston and stayed at this Holiday Inn and had a great stay. The room was beautiful, we had a great balcony patio and the room was very clean. The people were all very nice. All the valets were friendly and Brendan at the front desk was very helpful and gave us some great advice and recommendations. You can walk to town easily and there are great restaurants near the hotel. And even though they have a restaurant they still offer free coffee in the lobby. I almost always stay at Holiday inns when I travel and this is one of my favorites, it reminds me of an Indigo.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a balcony patio on the second floor.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review following your recent visit.
I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Thanks.
Gloversville, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

We stayed here one nite recently. It's a brand new hotel and is nice but we were disappointed to see that the neighborhood wasn't better. We were hoping to walk to our dinner restaurant but didn't feel comfortable so we took a cab. If this hotel were several blocks further south, it would be great. We had a drink in the bar which was nice. At 5:30 am, the fire alarm went off. The manager gave all the guests a free breakfast to compensate, which was a nice touch. It seems to be a well- run hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Many thanks for leaving a review following your recent stay.
The hotel is located in an area of Downtown which is experiencing significant redevolopement and I assure you it is certainly safe.
Upper King is only one block away, where some of the city's finest restaurants can be found.
On any future visit to Charleston I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back.