Holiday Inn Charleston Historic Downtown
King Charles Inn(Charleston)
US$228
US$217
Official Website
Holiday Inn Express Charleston(Charleston)(Great Value!)
US$124
US$130
US$124
All reviewsking streetfront deskmeeting roomvalet parkinghistoric downtownmeeting streetfree trolleyvalet staffvisitor centerupper kingmodern hotelbars and restaurantswithin walking distancehotel restaurantthe room was nicedefinitely stay here againupon check
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We were some what disappointed, Historic District not, had to walk 8 to 10 blocks to the Market. Staff was very friendly, not pleased with having to valet park. I will say if you like to shop King street was not too awful far. will give a shout out to D-vone very nice gentleman (server in the restaurant) Hotel was clean and up dated. Because of the distance to the Historic District will not stay there again. We will stay in Mt.Pleasant and park at the visitor center

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dave N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Charleston Historic Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

I am sorry to read your comments regarding our location.
We are one block from Upper King and a pleasant stroll to the Market Area.
Our prices are very economical compared to most Downtown hotels, and I think we offer a fantastic value.
Parking is always a challenge in Charleston and our 24 hour valet service is again very competitively priced compared to other hotels.
I am sorry we will not have the opportunity of welcoming you back on any future trip to Charleston, but thank you for your past patronage.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

New and modern hotel. As stated in other reviews, neighborhood is really improving. Some great dining and bars within walking distance. The Ordinary and Indaco to name two. Should probably be called Holiday Inn "Upper King" rather than "Historic Downtown" since the historic downtown felt too far to reach easily by walking.

Loved our room with the patio, chairs and a table. (Current view from patio is not great but if you are seated you don't notice anything but the blue skies or stars)

We didn't find the beds to be comfortable but pillows and bedding were nice.

Our pod coffee maker was not clean so we didn't use it and the lobby coffee was very weak.

Would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank cbj401

Thank you for your review.
I am sorry to read your comments regarding the coffee maker in your room and the strength of the complimentary coffe offered in the lobby.
I have discussed the matters with the necessary management staff and they will ensure there is no further issues.
I am glad you enjoyed our location, it certainly is being transformed and we are excited about the significant developement around the hotel.
I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back should you revisit Charleston in the future.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

This hotel is only one year old. Close to the visitors center, 15/20 minute walk from historic area. Staff very friendly quiet. Good restaurant, but service a little slow, but sometimes it is nice to sit and chat and wait for fresh food! I wailed stay here again in an instant. On bus route to town. Valet parking, car rental within 200 yards of hotel, if you need one!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for sharing your comments following your recent stay at the hotel.
I'm glad to read you enjoyed your visit and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Thanks.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

My wife and I spent 3 nights in this hotel during our first visit to Charleston at the end of April. Comments from other reviewers prompted me to pick this Holiday Inn: it's relatively new, the amenities were all good, rooms clean and comfortable, the staff friendly, the restaurant served tasty food, all these at a very competitive price. After my stay, I can definitely confirm all these points. Still, it was the location that made me very happy. We actually enjoyed the 1-mile or so walk towards the Historic district. This short distance gave us a sense of peace and quiet, away from the busy tourist-centric streets. Also, we enjoyed really impressive restaurants within a few blocks: "The Ordinary" on King, and "Coast" on John. Yes, when walking to / from the hotel at night, we were aware that we should always be alert in urban areas but were never uncomfortable. Another positive experience with the location was the convenience with car rental. When we wanted to visit the Drayton Hall planation and other attractions outside the city, the rental car agency was 2 blocks from the hotel on Meeting Street. At the end of the day, I returned the car and thus avoided parking charges. Furthermore, Sprint Street, 1 block north of the hotel, was the recommended route to drive outside Charleston. How convenient.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank youngmc8
Dave N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Charleston Historic Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

I appreciate your time in leaving such a positive review.
Sounds like you took advantage of some of the great restaurants in Charleston.
It always great to read our guests enjoyed their stay. Thanks for the great advice for any of our potential new guests, and I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

My wife and newborn stayed here for a few days. The room was clean. The staff were great. Like other reviewers said - the location is the only downside to this hotel. It isn't horrible...but literally across the street it seems starts the 'run down' section of downtown Charleston.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank fuggedaboudit
Dave N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Charleston Historic Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2014

Thanks for the review,
I am pleased your family enjoyed their stay.
Regarding our location, we are on the edge of great things that are happening.
On your next visit I am sure you will see the difference.
Please come back.
We appreciate you staying with us.