“Fabulous honeymoon stay!”

Ranked #7 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
Greenwood, South Carolina
“Fabulous honeymoon stay!”
Reviewed 19 April 2012

As a wedding gift, my grandmother gave my new husband and I the gift of staying at the Market Pavilion Hotel before we left out for the Bahamas. This was, by far, the most wonderful wedding gift we received. We stayed on the concierge floor and it was one of the most excellent experiences ever. The location is amazing. The food and drinks we were treated to by the concierge attendants (Johnas and Suzanne) were superb. We will definitely be returning soon. There's not one bad thing we can say about our stay here- every single expectation we had was far exceeded and we want to thank the AMAZING staff of the Market Pavilion Hotel for making the beginning of our honeymoon unforgettable. I would recommend this hotel with absolutely no hesitation.

Room Tip: The concierge floor was out of this world!!!!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
MarketPavilionGM, General Manager at Market Pavilion Hotel, responded to this review, 20 April 2012
I guess, I need to thank your Grandmother for chosing the Market Pavilion Hotel to help you celebrate your big day! Congratulations on the wedding and I am so glad you had a wonderful experience. I know Johno and Susanne will be pleased to know their efforts did not go unnoticed; they are both great assets to our team. I know the staff will appreciate you considering them to be amazing. They try to exceed expectations everyday, and I am glad they took such good care of you both.
Why not come back next year and celebrate your first anniversay with us? I would be happy to help you arrange the day! Thank you again for your kind words. We hope will we have the chance to serve you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (301)
Plattsburgh
Reviewed 17 April 2012

This hotel was in a great location, however it failed to hold up to being above average. We had to constantly call down for the heat/ac unit breaking, shower door not closing a wet vac would have been great to pack, and the basic ammneties were never replaced such as toilet paper, shampoo, ect. The price was insane for what you got - very disappointed. There is no shuttle service from the airport so expect at least $50.00 one way, and the pool is not heated. They advertise a cascading waterfall - not so !!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank adirondack_38
MarketPavilionGM, General Manager at Market Pavilion Hotel, responded to this review, 19 April 2012
Thank you for your candor. I am so sorry the hotel failed to meet your expectation. Obviously, we could not control the unfortunate a/c problem or the shower door not sealing properly. I hope that you notified guest services, so we could react immediately to rectify the issue. I am also surprised that your room amenities were not replenished. Our Housekeeping Dept usually receives rave reviews, however I will make sure we review your comments to ensure compliance. Unfortunately, none of the downtown hotels have their own shuttle service. We all rely on the professioanl transportation companies for airport pickup. I do hope however you found the room clean and comfortable and enjoyed the other amenities of the property. I again apologize for your disappointment, but do hope we can have the chance to serve you again.
Burlington, NC
Reviewed 15 April 2012

My husband and I visited for 3 nights and were very impressed with this hotel. The staff were very friendly and informative. The concierge did a great job making us lunch and dinner reservations. Our room was very clean and the beds were comfortable. The hotel is located in a prime spot and all well reviewed restaurants are within walking distance! We will visit again!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
MarketPavilionGM, General Manager at Market Pavilion Hotel, responded to this review, 17 April 2012
Thank you for your kind assessment. I am pleased you found the staff to be friendly and informative. Our Housekeeping Dept. is the best in the city and I am glad you found the room to be clean as well. We appreciate you chosing the Market Pavilion Hotel and hope we will have rthe chance to serve you again. Thank you.
Asheville, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 5 April 2012

My girlfriends and I spent 5 nights at the Market Pavillion Hotel in Charleston, SC the last weekend in February. I had never been to Charleston, and it was up to me to book the hotel. I got great service from Kelly when I called to inquire about the hotel, rates, and amenities, and I booked it. Still, you are never really sure when you are booking relatively 'blind.' Well, my apprehension disappeared quickly after our arrival. The service was excellent for throughout almost every aspect of the hotel, from the valet and bell captain, desk clerks, concierge, and housekeeping. The room was lovely and quite comfortable for the three of us. The location was great, too, near good restaurants and the important sites. We had a perfectly lovely and fun time, thanks in great part to this wonderful hotel and its professional, friendly, and accommodating staff.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
MarketPavilionGM, General Manager at Market Pavilion Hotel, responded to this review, 9 April 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words. I know Kelly will be pleased to know she was recognized for her efforts. I am glad you found the service provided by our team to be excellent and the rooms clean and lovely. We appreciate you chosing the Market Pavilion Hotel and hope we may have the chance to serve you again.
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 3 April 2012

From the General Manager "Gary Cohen" to the reservation manager "Kelly" I was amazed at the caliber of service. This hotel can't do enough to make sure you are well taken care of. The service is by far the best of any hotel in Charleston. Although the room was an average size, it was very nicely furnished with high quality pieces. The concierge floor is one of the best. Its small; but, again the level of service and quality is outstanding. We've been staying at other Charleston hotels in the past (4 others that are considered "upscale"... and, that will now change. Market Pavilion became the #1 hotel for us. Exemplary hotel - the others just don't compare.

Room Tip: A balcony view room is nice; but, not all that necessary. Access to the Concierge Floor is a must...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
MarketPavilionGM, General Manager at Market Pavilion Hotel, responded to this review, 5 April 2012
Thank you so very much for your kind assessment. I know Kelly will be pleased to know her efforts have been recognized. We are flattered to know you now consider us your number 1 hotel in Charleston. We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to the chance to serve you again.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 31 March 2012

My girlfriend and I recently stayed for a mini getaway and had a great time at MP. After checking in, we went up to our room and were immediately greeted by the afternoon tea service as we got off the elevator. It was a large spread of custard tarts and tea sandwiches in a very comfortable and relaxing setting. Our hotel room was also very comfortable with a view of the Market. The evening snacks on the Concierge floor were delicious. It was a nice spread of cheese and crackers, and a warm crab dip. Breakfast was equally delicious. The Concierge Attendant was also very friendly and helpful answering any questions people had. We decided to use our 50 dollars voucher at Grill 225 on the roof for dinner. There wasn't much on the menu that looked appetizing. We decided on a chicken salad and roquefort pizza. The salad had way too much dressing on it, and the roquefort was so strong that it was hard to eat. However, it was relaxing sitting on the roof top. The pool on the roof is very small and not private. It also wasn't heated. The pool is more of aesthetic feature than a practical one. The fitness room was nice, however the setting on one of the dumbbells was broke. In the morning by girlfriend found a cockroach in the bathroom. When we reported it to the front desk we were told it was a palmetto bug. The location of MP makes it very convenient to always be in the center of Charleston's action.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Casey K
MarketPavilionGM, General Manager at Market Pavilion Hotel, responded to this review, 2 April 2012
Thank you for your candor. I am very pleased you enjoyed your Concierge Level room and the amenities it has to offer. I do aplogize that you did not care for your meal at the Pavilion Bar; I will review that with our chef. I am sorry you did not mention anything to the manager while you were there, so we could have reacted to your concerns. However, I am glad you were able to relax while up there. I am sorry you were introduced to a South Carolina Palmetto bug. They are unfortunately a part of the South. However, I can assure you we do have regular extermination service and do our best to control that situation. We will of course, will make sure we give that area additional attention. We do appreciate you chosing the Market Pavilion Hotel and hope we will have the chance to serve you again.
Manhattan Beach, California
Reviewed 28 March 2012

Market Pavilion Hotel was adorable - plus it had amazing smelling Hermes products in all the rooms. Dinner was fantastic, a welcome change from the yummy-yet-super rich Southern food abundant in the city, as were the drinks. It didn't hurt that I had a $50 food & drink credit! The hotel was super accommodating, my original room looked out on a parking lot and the staff had me in a new room with a great view within 10 minutes. I didn't get much pool time, as the weather wasn't perfect but I was able to enjoy a few hours in the afternoon getting some sun. Great drinks by the pool and a very relaxing atmosphere. I was there for work, and am very glad that I will be back in Charleston in a month for work again, and you can bet I'll be staying at the Market Pavilion.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the market - great people watching!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
MarketPavilionGM, General Manager at Market Pavilion Hotel, responded to this review, 30 March 2012
Thank you so very much for your kind remarks. I am so glad you enjoyed the total experience; Hotel, Grill 225 and the Paviolion Bar. We appreciate you chosing the Market Pavilion Hotel and look forward to serving you again.