“Stellar Service at a great luxury hotel”

Market Pavilion Hotel
Ranked #8 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Third stay this year and second in the past few weeks. As always, great service from all involved, starting wtih Havin at the entry upon arrival to check out, Comfortable and quiet rooms and great food either at the formal dining room Grill 225 or at the rooftop bar. Try the tuna tower or collossal crab as they are always great!

Meg in the concierge lounge for VIP guests is super and a very dedicated to top service to her guests. Housekeeping is timely and well done regardless if daily or the evening service. Hats off to the in house pastry chef! All of the freshly made creations are super delicious and I always look forward to the treats and options.

This is an awared winning hotel and GM Peter Wright has the staff hitting on all cylinders since coming in last year. I am looking for another reason to visit this Fall as the Market Pavillion is one of my favorite hotels in the US. Spend a few extra dollars next time in Charleston and enjoy the service this property offers as well as the convenient location.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Andrew512
Peter W, General Manager at Market Pavilion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2013

First, thank you for being a repeat guest of the Market Pavilion Hotel. We very much appreciate you taking the time to share your kind comments with us. It’s great that you enjoy your dining experience either at Grill 225 or the Pavilion Bar. We are honored to have one of the best pastry chefs in all of Charleston Mr. Gerry Elliott. I am sure he will be pleased to here that you enjoy all of his creations. I will also share your kind comments with Havin and Meg and the rest of the team. We hope you have you join us again in the fall or sooner. If I can be of any assistance do not hesitate to contact me directly. Peter Wright – General Manager

Reviewed 21 August 2013

the Market Pavilion Hotel in Charleston is 5 stars for me, my husband and all of our wedding party. We were married in June and a portion of our rehearsal evening was spent at the rooftop bar and dining area of the hotel. From the beginning steps in securing space to the level of service from the bell/valet to the outstanding customer service from the roof top servers, we could not have asked for a more pleasurable experience. i would recommend this venue and hotel to anyone for any event weather an overnight stay or the most important day of youf life!
Job well done!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Peter W, General Manager at Market Pavilion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2013

Thank you for sharing your special time with us at the Market Pavilion Hotel. Congratulations! I am glad that our team was able to take care of your from the start to the finish and you enjoyed your evening at the Pavilion Bar. I would hope that you could come back again soon and do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance. I will share your kind comments with the team and thank you once again for sharing them with us. See you soon.

Reviewed 20 August 2013

Our stay in Charleston is never complete without a stop by the Market Pavilion Rooftop Bar. We had the pizza and quesadillas, which were all excellent. The service, particuarly Destiny, is always excellent. The panoramic view of the city from this locale is stunning.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Peter W, General Manager at Market Pavilion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

Thank you for joining us at the Pavilion Bar high atop the Market Pavilion Hotel. I am so pleased that you are a repeat guest and make us a stop when you are in Charleston. I would agree about the view and the atmosphere of the Pavilion Bar. I will share you kind comments with Destiny, which I am sure she will appreciate. Thank you once again and I look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 20 August 2013

My experience at Market Pavilion was phenomenal. The service was amazing, the area very safe & lovely, the rooms clean, comfortable, & luxurious. Market Pavilion offers a fantastic mix of Charleston's greatest characteristics: a thriving, young, atmosphere (Charleston is a big college town), & historic charm. I would recommend dining at the hotel's restaurant, Grill 225, if you want exquisite service & steak. Overall an experience to remember, I would definitely stay again in the future.

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you being our guest at the Market Pavilion Hotel, it’s great that you feel the real vibe of the hotel and essence it brings to our guests. I am honored that you had a phenomenal experience and enjoyed the fine dining at Grill 225. I will share your comments with the team and hope to welcome you back again in the near future. Thank you again for sharing your comments with us.

Reviewed 20 August 2013

The staff and facilities were unbelievable. Everyone was so accommodating and willing to assist with whatever we needed. The restaurant Grill 225 was absolutely amazing! The hotel matches the city's atmosphere and vibe perfectly. The only thing I regret is not having stayed longer!

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you for sharing your kind comments with us and being a guest of the Market Pavilion Hotel. I would agree that being the premier hotel in Charleston, we are able provide you with the best vibe and atmosphere, either from the fine dining of Grill 225 or the views and great food and entertainment of the Pavilion Bar. Next time, please try to stay with us a bit longer. Thank you once again, and we look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 20 August 2013

We loved staying at this luxury but private and cozy hotel. We felt pampered every step of the way. The dining experience was incredible! The rooms and their unique art work were stunning. The staff were kind and went out of their way to make sure our needs were met. We will be returning as soon as we can!

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you for being our guest at the Market Pavilion Hotel. I appreciate your kind comments and will share them with the entire team. As being a boutique hotel, we provide you with that feeling of being at home with all the luxury amenities. I am also glad that you enjoyed your dining experience at Grill 225. We look forward to your return and thank you once again.

Reviewed 18 August 2013

I'm visiting Charleston from England and had a blast at the rooftop bar with my mates.The view is just stunning!
The bar has great options of salads, sandwiches and awesome drinks!
Megan did a great job and made the experience even better, we even got some travelling tips with her!
I highly recommend a visit.
Cheers.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Peter W, General Manager at Market Pavilion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2013

Thank you for sharing your kind comments and being our guest at the Pavilion Bar high atop the Market Pavilion Hotel. As being our guest from England and have many options, we are pleased you joined us and had a great experience. I will share your comments with Megan and hope you or your friends can join us again when you return to Charleston. Safe Travels!