Inn at Middleton Place
US$409
US$258
EmbassySuites.com
  • Breakfast included
The Vendue Charleston's Art Hotel(Charleston)(Great Value!)
US$307
  • Restaurant
US$254
US$225
  • Restaurant
Town & Country Inn and Suites(Charleston)(Great Value!)
US$147
US$250
  • Breakfast included
King Charles Inn(Charleston)(Great Value!)
US$285
US$506
HotelsClick
  • Pool
1,462 results
All reviewsashley riverfloor to ceiling windowshouse tourplantation groundsfree admissionwood burning fireplacegrand roomrice plantationspanish mosslive oaksriver viewevening receptiondowntown charlestonhappy hourcocktail hourminute drivecomplimentary breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 April 2013

We stayed at Middleton Place for one night and we enjoyed our stay. The gardens are outstanding and the rooms were nice but needed an update....especially the bathrooms. A coat of paint and a new tub would have been an enhancement. The rooms had floor to ceiling windows, which gave nice light, and a fireplace, but only a double bed. We had a nice view of the river. They have a nice cocktail hour in their gathering center every evening. We spent about 4 hours in two days roaming through the gardens and they were lovely. With our room we were given a tour of the old house and the docents were knowledgeable and so pleasant. We ate at the restaurant and the food was good, but rather expensive for what we ordered.
I give a 4 star for the setting and would give a 3 for the accommodations.

Room Tip: Get a room with light. Our friends stayed in a unit in the woods and it was dark.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 April 2013

We stayed at this Inn many years ago, then returned again last year in March (2012). This year, we moved our stay a couple weeks forward to see the azaleas in full bloom at the Middleton Gardens and of course stayed at the Inn. It is the most perfect place - the buildings totally blend into the landscape of woods draped with spanish moss. We upgraded our room to a bit larger and had a very comfy sofa to curl up on while watching the fireplace in the evening. The rooms are wonderful - have a great woodsy aroma, are clean and very comfortable. We love the evening reception with wine or beer and cheese and crackers - to be enjoyed in their elegant modern room or out on the lawn on the many benches scattered around the grounds. Even hammocks were available to relaxing. The morning breakfast was great - included in the price was a continental breakfast, but they also cooked up some great breakfasts at an additional cost. The best aspect of this Inn is that we had total access to wander over to the Gardens any time we liked. We can't say enough good things about this great Inn.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Innkeeper/MI, General Manager at Inn at Middleton Place, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2013

I could not have said it better! Thank you so much for sharing your personal experience with others. I hope they take your lead and come prepared to rest, relax and rejuvenate! All my best, Abigail M. Martin

Reviewed 9 April 2013

Room are spacious and very comfortable with amenities of lots of natural light, natural wood and quiet. Breakfast was delicious and the food at the Middleton Garden restaurant is superb. Because the Inn is on the gardens grounds, you can walk the gardens with practically no one there. At night if you walk to the Middleton Garden restaurant, you should take the electric flashlight charging in the room because the path is uneven. Access to the garden room is via rather steep stairs and no one to assist, so please be advised.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

I am a local, but I love going to Middleton Place for the gardens, food, and inn. My husband and I stayed recently and enjoyed a delicious dinner (I recommend the shrimp and grits), followed by a picnic lunch the next day. The staff is welcoming and helpful and there was not one thing I would change about the experience. We are already looking forward to our next visit at the inn.

Room Tip: Our room was quiet and peaceful overlooking the river.
Reviewed 3 April 2013 via mobile

Where to begin.
The Bad: Stay here for the beauty of the Plantation not the location or cleaniness. I don't think our room had been cleaned since Hurricane Hugo. We had to beg for fresh towels every day, housekeeping has yet to vacuum or clean anything in the three days we've been here. The shower has 2 temps, melt your skin off or Arctic cold. The TV is from the 1980s and the rug looks like a dog rolled in mud then rolled on it. It's also 20 minutes from any of the attractions in Charleston.

The Good: The view of the Ashley river from our room is awesome. The grounds are gorgeous and there are a lot of activities here. The breakfast is good and is free, the jams are made in house and are to die for Don't stay here for the room, stay here for a unique experience.

• Stayed: April 2013
4  Thank CphtCRE

While I am saddened you didn’t enjoy the room aspect of your stay, I have to say that your opinion of the rooms isn’t the normal response I hear, nor is the service you claim to have received. If staff was failing you within the room did you make management aware so that we could rectify this issue? We agree with you; upmost care and concern should be executed in the room housekeeping. Did you give us the opportunity to look more closely into your concerns? We are, at least, 20 minutes away from Charleston and gladly so. I hope you enjoyed that beautiful drive down the historic Ashley River Road. I also hope you will consider re-visiting, especially once the current renovations are completed, to see if we can better this review for next time. All my best, Abigail M. Martin, General Manager