“Wonderful Stay!”

Inn at Middleton Place
Ranked #27 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 8 July 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here for the 4th of July weekend. The place was gorgeous—very peaceful and relaxing. Despite it being a holiday weekend, I feel like we had a lot of privacy and a fairly quiet stay (glad we chose not to book a place at the beach!) Perfect place to stay for a low key and romantic vacation. We actually didn't leave the place much during our trip since we enjoyed it so much.

I loved the modern-feeling architecture in contrast with the cabin-like feeling of the interior. The complimentary cocktail hour was great, the pool was beautiful, the views were amazing and the gardens were gorgeous.

I look forward to coming back soon!

Room Tip: The way the buildings are set up appear to give every room a lovely view. We were facing the courtya...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Innkeeper/MI, General Manager at Inn at Middleton Place, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Thank you for sharing some great photos with potential guests! I am happy to hear you enjoyed a relaxing 4th with us here at the Inn and hope to welcome you back again soon!

There are newer reviews for Inn at Middleton Place

Reviewed 8 July 2014

My husband and I absolutely loved our stay here. The atmosphere is so relaxing, and the grounds of the inn and Middleton Place plantation are just beautiful. We brought our Labrador retriever with us, and the walking trails were perfect for him. We appreciated the doggy goody bag we were given upon check-in. The pool was great, food was excellent, and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The only issue we had was a problem with wifi in our room. We plan to return in the spring when the hundreds of azaleas at the plantation are in bloom.

Room Tip: We were very happy with our room on the first floor in building 3.
Reviewed 7 July 2014

My husband and I just visited the Inn at Middleton Place for our wedding anniversary. We loved the overall atmosphere of the Inn. The Middleton Place was the perfect spot for our weekend getaway. We thoroughly enjoyed the tour of the Middleton Place, cocktail hour, appetizers, a kayak rental, and the restaurant.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

We loved everything about this place. The dinner we had at the restaurant was the best meal we had during our Charleston vacation. It was wonderful to be able to walk the grounds of the plantation for two days. The gardens & views are so beautiful & relaxing! Our room was clean, quiet, spacious & also had great views. The staff was friendly & very helpful with advise & suggestions. We really enjoyed sitting on a bench outside the Lodge looking down the Ashley River with our glass of wine & appetizers which were provided at the cocktail hour. So glad we stayed here to unwind after the fun & "busyness" of downtown Charleston.

Room Tip: Top Floor rooms have better views.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2014

My wife and I recently spent the night at the Inn at Middleton Place, and it was AMAZING! The fact that this hotel comes with free admission into Middleton Place was cool, but the experience that this hotel provides is just awesome. The cocktail hour and appetizers in the lodge were great. The room was amazingly comfortable. It felt like how very nice hotel should feel located in the middle of nature. We played. We stayed on a Monday night and enjoyed the movie and dinner buffet, which featured southern cooking, and it was delicious, as was the breakfast the next day.
I would highly recommend this hotel, and I normally do not take time to write reviews.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PGG82
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Historic location with great views of the Ashley River and gardens! Great room layouts with breath taking views! My wife and I have stayed in Nov 2011, April 2013 with the honeymoon suite and Jan 2014! Love the staff and great views!

• Stayed: April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us here at The Inn at Middleton Place. I am very happy to know you enjoyed the Healthy Start Breakfast and that the value and time we have spent in thinking out those options were well received! The breakfast, evening reception you mentioned and admission to Middleton Place is all included in the room rates quoted. Easily the best value in Charleston! I hope to be able to welcome you back personally for your next visit.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

I have nothing but good to say about this place!
My hubby and I wanted a relaxed place to stay and it was just that. After checking in at the Inn we wandered through the paths and found our way to Middleton Place (after hours). It was awesome. Nobody was around and we had the whole place to ourselves. I can't believe there wasn't anyone else from the Inn exploring too.
Of course we returned to the plantation the next day for touring and etc. It's a great value to stay there if you are planning to tour the plantation also!

At first, I had doubts about what the continental breakfast would be like.
I'm wheat and gluten free and I just assumed there would only be boxed cereals, muffins and sugary prepackaged yogurt and pastries. NOT SO!!!
It was so wonderful to see Plain GREEK YOGURT in a large dish by the oatmeal with TONS of toppings to choose! Of course I ate the yogurt each morning along with one of the two gluten free cereals they offered and some fresh fruit. For the non gluten free there were 4 kinds of muffins, oatmeal and different cereals.
I absolutely LOVED the presentation of the buffet. Is was so simple in its elegance. Glass containers for the cereals and the toppings for the oatmeal and yogurt were in little glass mason jars. The setting and view was awesome as well and I didn't find myself in a hurry to eat and leave.

We booked a queen room. It was amazing. Just like you see on their website. The floor to ceiling plantations shutters transported you to another time and place. When we walked in... all our cares just melted away. I've come to realize from all my traveling that the place you stay is really important and adds to the experience. This place beats the daylights out of your typical hotels in my opinion!

We love going to Charleston and we do see another stay at the Inn at Middleton Place in our future.

Oh... the managers reception every evening was fabulous - not your typical plate of cookies like at some places. One night they had smoked salmon with dill sauce, 4 different cheeses (not the typical ones you would expect), fruit, veggies, humus and pita bread. The next evening they had something different. Of course there was the complimentary wine, beer or soda. Great way to open up and meet people and enjoy and relax before dinner. We didn't eat at the restaurant, so I cannot say what that is like.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple