“Yummmmmmy...”

Price range: US$30 - US$30
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Church Street and South Market
Description: SIMPLY LOWCOUNTRY: Lowcountry Bistro focuses only on the freshest ingredients since all of the food we cook is from scratch. On the menu you will find cult favorites like Chicken and Waffles to Lowcountry classics like Shrimp and Grits. We also believe that great food can be affordable. Many of our lunch dishes are under $10. Our goal as a restaurant is to serve high quality, delicious food, at a fair price. We hope you agree after your meal at Lowcountry Bistro. SISTER RESTAURANT TO 82 QUEEN As an icon of the city for over 30 years, we have seen restaurants come and go. We pride ourselves on the fact that we were one of the first original Lowcountry cuisine restaurants to open their doors in the city. We know Lowcountry and after diligently researching Market Street restaurants, have come to the conclusion that what the area needs is a true, authentic Lowcountry restaurant.
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
“Yummmmmmy...”
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

I took my family to dinner with high hopes! We are from Charleston originally and love the local seafood. My dad and aunt both had the crab and shrimp stuffed flounder with asparagus and mixed vegetables. My mom had the fried flounder with collard greens and red rice. I had the shrimp-n-grits with she crab soup. Everyone enjoyed their meal a great deal. I will say that the she crab was a little thicker than traditionally made and the shrimp and grits were not made with gravy (as is the "Charleston" way) but with a tomato sauce. Both were fantastic, just not the norm for the area. Jonathan was our server and was witty and fun. We were their at 5 on a Tuesday so we had the place to ourselves. I would definitely send my friends here, so go check it out!

Visited January 2014
82Queen, Guest Relations Manager at LowCountry Bistro, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Thank you for visiting us at Lowcountry Bistro. We are so glad that you enjoyed your recent experience with us. We hope to see you again very soon!

North Charleston, South Carolina
“Will never return”
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Probably the most annoying thing is the noise. Throughout the whole meal the lady behind the bar had some kind of machine going (ice crushing device maybe) which grated the nerves. Really bad. We ordered dessert, got the wrong item and then it took fifteen minutes to get a sliver of pie (stone cold) with warm marshmallows on top. The kale was really good, the rest, tasteless and mushy. The waiter was indifferent. The lady at the reservations desk was awesome, she really cared. $24 for a bottle of Beringer Sauvignon Blanc that costs $5 at my local market. Seriously? Did I mention the grating noise behind the bar? $79 for two bland meals, one tiny stone cold dessert, one beer and a glass of wine.

• Visited February 2014
82Queen, Guest Relations Manager at LowCountry Bistro, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Thank you for visiting Lowcountry Bistro. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review and tell us about your recent visit. We are truly sorry that your visit at LB's wasn't the most enjoyable and appreciate your feedback. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again at Lowcountry Bistro.
Stamford, Connecticut, United States
“Don't get the side of asparagus”
Reviewed 10 February 2014

First things first, don't get the side of asparagus. It comes with literally 5 shrunken spears of asparagus, which cost $4! Myself and the party I was with couldn't believe they even served me thattttt small of a side dish. It was such a joke. I wish I would have gotten a picture! Tip: give customers a little more than just 5 small spears. Other than that our over all experience was average. The corn bread was just OK - although the portion for this side item ($4 too) was HUGE, it could have been a little more moist. The nachos were also a huge dish, even though it was just an appetizer. I agree with another comment on here, we were able to dine upstairs which was better than downstairs. Overall, I don't think I would go back. We saw other "café" like places that we would probably try next time for lunch.

• Visited February 2014
82Queen, Guest Relations Manager at LowCountry Bistro, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Thank you for visiting Lowcountry Bistro. We appreciate you telling us about your recent experience and giving us your feedback. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again at Lowcountry Bistro.
bryn mawr, pa
“get the fingerlings”
Reviewed 30 January 2014

one of the best thing I have eaten anywhere. good food and ambiance and friendly staff. chicken and waffles also very good.

Visited January 2014
82Queen, Guest Relations Manager at LowCountry Bistro, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
Thank you so much for visiting Lowcountry Bistro! We are so glad that you enjoyed your recent experience with us. We hope to see you again very soon!
maryland
“All five of us loved it”
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Our group of five ranged in age from 89 to 18 and we all loved it. They initially wanted to seat us downstairs but I didn't care for the two small tables they were going to marry to accommodate us so they ended up seating us upstairs. The upstairs dining room was much better than downstairs in my opinion. The five of us all had a different entree and they all looked and tasted great. Eric was our server and he explained their menu extremely well and helped us mix and match sides based upon dietary restrictions. We will return to this restaurant the next time we return to Charleston.

• Visited January 2014
82Queen, Guest Relations Manager at LowCountry Bistro, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Thank you so much for dining with us at Lowcountry Bistro. We are so happy that you all enjoyed your most recent experience with us. We hope to see you again very soon!