“Amazing Lowcountry food!”

Price range: US$30 - US$30
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Church Street and South Market
Description: SIMPLY LOWCOUNTRY: Lowcountry Bistro focuses only on the freshest ingredients since all of the food we cook is from scratch. On the menu you will find cult favorites like Chicken and Waffles to Lowcountry classics like Shrimp and Grits. We also believe that great food can be affordable. Many of our lunch dishes are under $10. Our goal as a restaurant is to serve high quality, delicious food, at a fair price. We hope you agree after your meal at Lowcountry Bistro. SISTER RESTAURANT TO 82 QUEEN As an icon of the city for over 30 years, we have seen restaurants come and go. We pride ourselves on the fact that we were one of the first original Lowcountry cuisine restaurants to open their doors in the city. We know Lowcountry and after diligently researching Market Street restaurants, have come to the conclusion that what the area needs is a true, authentic Lowcountry restaurant.
Charleston, South Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing Lowcountry food!”
Reviewed 19 February 2014

My second time dining here and it was just as i expected, delicious! My family decided to start with the Fried Green Tomatoes and Fried Okra. Perfect beginning to a memorable meal. Our server had to help me with my final decision, it was nearly impossible to do on my own! I decided on the Chicken and Waffle. What a complement to each other, Chicken on top of a waffle? I am from the south and never thought of this concept! It was amazing! My family and I will be back for a third time very soon!

• Visited February 2014
82Queen, Guest Relations Manager at LowCountry Bistro, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Thank you so much for dining with us at Lowcountry Bistro. We are so glad that you enjoyed our Chicken and Waffle dish! We hope to see you again very soon!

Charleston, South Carolina
“Good taste, bad customer service”
Reviewed 19 February 2014

As a local, I enjoy dining out in my own town. As a sister restaurant of 82 Queen, Low Country Bistro has an excellent partner to promote this relatively new eatery in downtown Charleston. Though my visit during Restaurant week was enjoyable, my return visit during Southeastern Wildlife Expo/ Valentine's Weekend was disappointing. After seeing an oyster special entre served at a nearby table, I asked the waiter to identify it, and I ordered it also. Unfortunately, when my entre arrived, it was HALF the portion of the one I'd seen. $25 for 11 little Appalachacola fried oysters, collards, and cheese grits. After, making our waiter aware of the difference in portion size, he apologized and sent the manager to our table. Instead of attempting to compensate for the small portion, she only offered an apology and then insulted my intelligence telling me that the other table may have ordered an extra side, making the entre look bigger. WRONG. All four of us saw the entre, and our only guess is that the kitchen was running low on the oysters and started cutting back on the portions. Don't get me wrong, the whole meal tasted very good, but don't bait and switch. And don't think that offering a desert is going to make up for it. Busy weekend or not, consistency in portion size shouldn't change. Furthermore, service and customer satisfaction should be equally important. Additionally, don't sit near the front door.....it won't close all the way, so if it's cold outside, it's cold inside. As for noise, it's a bistro, so that is somewhat expected, though it is a bit noisier than normal. Overall, not worth a return trip or recommendation.
Too bad our waiter Andrew's tip suffered due to a manager full of excuses.

• Visited February 2014
Thank you for visiting Lowcountry Bistro during SEWE/Valentine's Day weekend. We are so pleased to read that you have visited us before, but are very sorry that your last experience did not live up to the first one. We do apologize for the inconsistency of the entrees ordered and the explanation you received. We pride our self in great customer service and we definitely did not do that on your visit. We appreciate your honesty and will address with our staff. We hope to have you visit us again at Lowcountry Bistro.
“Valentines Weekend”
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

My husband and I ate here on our first trip to Charleston and we were NOT disapointed! It was delicious. I had the Shrimp and Grits as an entree and i dont usually like fried green tomatoes but these were amazing!!! My husband got the burger with the BEST mac n cheese i have ever had. We had a little table right beside the sidewalk and it was great! I was able to people watch while i was waiting. Thank you for a wonderful experience!

Thank you so much for visiting with us at Lowcountry Bistro. We are so happy that you enjoyed your recent experience with us. We hope to see you again very soon!
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
“Yummmmmmy...”
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

I took my family to dinner with high hopes! We are from Charleston originally and love the local seafood. My dad and aunt both had the crab and shrimp stuffed flounder with asparagus and mixed vegetables. My mom had the fried flounder with collard greens and red rice. I had the shrimp-n-grits with she crab soup. Everyone enjoyed their meal a great deal. I will say that the she crab was a little thicker than traditionally made and the shrimp and grits were not made with gravy (as is the "Charleston" way) but with a tomato sauce. Both were fantastic, just not the norm for the area. Jonathan was our server and was witty and fun. We were their at 5 on a Tuesday so we had the place to ourselves. I would definitely send my friends here, so go check it out!

Visited January 2014
82Queen, Guest Relations Manager at LowCountry Bistro, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Thank you for visiting us at Lowcountry Bistro. We are so glad that you enjoyed your recent experience with us. We hope to see you again very soon!
North Charleston, South Carolina
“Will never return”
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Probably the most annoying thing is the noise. Throughout the whole meal the lady behind the bar had some kind of machine going (ice crushing device maybe) which grated the nerves. Really bad. We ordered dessert, got the wrong item and then it took fifteen minutes to get a sliver of pie (stone cold) with warm marshmallows on top. The kale was really good, the rest, tasteless and mushy. The waiter was indifferent. The lady at the reservations desk was awesome, she really cared. $24 for a bottle of Beringer Sauvignon Blanc that costs $5 at my local market. Seriously? Did I mention the grating noise behind the bar? $79 for two bland meals, one tiny stone cold dessert, one beer and a glass of wine.

• Visited February 2014
Thank you for visiting Lowcountry Bistro. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review and tell us about your recent visit. We are truly sorry that your visit at LB's wasn't the most enjoyable and appreciate your feedback. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again at Lowcountry Bistro.