“Best tour yet”

Ranked #81 of 238 Tours in Charleston
Type: Bus Tours, Tours
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Mister Miller took us everywhere and made sure we got to see it all before we left Charleston. He is very knowledgeable and has a great sense of humor regarding history. By the last half hour he had the entire bus singing Summertime. We enjoyed his tour immensely

All reviews
"longer tour"
"aiken rhett house"
"entertaining tour"
in 2 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 4 reviews
"entire tour"
"great overview"

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My mom and I took the Sites and Insights Tour with Al Miller. It was awesome. He has immense knowledge of Charleston, it’s rich black history, and the Gullah people and culture. He taught and entertained us the entire trip. If you have the chance, I highly recommend taking this tour!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband and I took one of the tours led by the owner, Al Miller, and thoroughly enjoyed our time. We had taken another company's city tour the last time we visited Charleston and didn't learn nearly as much about the area and particularly about Black History. We took the dual experience 2 1/2 hour tour (ended up being 3 hours) that combines the City/Island Tours. Al is funny, sang for us, told us about people and events throughout the city's history and made it come alive. He's spend all his life there and knows so many people and what life is like in the city. We drove around the Charleston area, including a visit to James Island and Johns Island. We definitely recommend this company!

Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

Visiting a friend in Mt. Pleasant, SC we thought we’d like to take a Gullah tour! My friend happened to call Sites and Insights to see if we can get on a tour within the next hour or so! The tour was the 2 1/2 hour tour and we made our reservation!

We didn’t know what to expect for $25 pp, but we saw and heard so much about Gullah, Porgy & Bess (plus singing), Angel Oak tree, Historical homes, a local farm stand and so much more!

Our luck was that my friend called the right tour company as I don’t believe we would have enjoyed or learned more from anyone better than Al Miller, owner, driver, narrator, singer, author!!!!

See more reviews
Reviewed 8 April 2018

Was referred by a friend of mind to take the Gullah, Geechee tour! I called to inquire about the availability-left my info on voicemail. Al called me (inbetween doing his tours) to confirm me. He was specializes in the Black history of SC, the Gullah/Geechee culture was incredibly entertaining! He invited all questions and truly engaged with his patrons! I learned so much and had the best time. He also added a great overview of the downtown area (each part of the town and it's history to present day), as well as the Islands he covered. If you want to hear more about the history and learn what you might not on other tours, see Al. You won't regret it and thank you, Al, for such a wonderful experience! It's best to call Al direct to save your space and pay when you get there.