“Ok food but don't buy a Groupon for it!”
Review of Cha Cha's Mexican Grill - CLOSED

Cha Cha's Mexican Grill
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 29 April 2013

Went for the first time because they had a Groupon and with 5 in our house every little bits helps. We bought the 2 appetizer 6 meals Groupon because that was all they had left but felt it was going to be a pretty good deal for 5 people. Well considering that 2 tacos (we did convince them to let us have 3 tacos) are only 6.95 and that you can't add on the rice and beans, the Groupon was almost not worth buying. The only way we ended up getting our money out of it was since my husband decided not to go, we ordered fajita's for 2 (2 orders) to go. They were pretty good (but had some odd veggies in them for fajita's). Although the food was different and they have great salsa, I would not make the trip just for it so I guess we will not be going back unless we are over at Folly and looking for something reasonable with OK food. I prefer Coastal Cantina and Fuel for the same type food and a good bar atmosphere! Both have better food and an enjoyable atmosphere for both young adults and families!!

1  Thank Jules0428

Reviewed 15 March 2013

Cha Cha's happy hour(s) : 4-7pm is great....free pool (6 tables), $1 Tecate can beer, $1 Tacos! Can you beat that? Lots of TV's for any sports events, variety of beers (bottle and on tap), and delicious menu....try the "war pig". Fun and laid back crowd after work or after the beach. Trivia on some nights, live music some nights. Grab a table and bring friends or make new ones and have a good time.

1  Thank lowcountry101
Reviewed 14 March 2013

First, this place looks primarily like a bar / pool hall...which it is....so questionable if I'd bring children but for adults it's ok. They serve food and there are a bunch of delicious and innovative tacos. Our group tried the roasted pork/poblano, venison, grilled fish, steak, chicken caesar, and buffalo chicken....all good but the roasted pork was delicious! Dips trio (queso, guacamole, and salsa) made a great opener. Pretty inexpensive beer, particularly if you get the special. So if you're looking for some tacos and beer....good place!

1  Thank KathyinKC
Reviewed 16 December 2012

My husband and I went on a Friday with our son to get a bite to eat and a few beers. Great Happy Hour prices on beer and some small food items but not real impressed by the service or atmosphere. I am in my early 30's and felt that the crowd and staff was all real young. I can see how 20-somethings enjoy going here for the atmosphere and cheap food and beer but not a place to go with "The Fam'. Me and my husband will probably go there on a date night for drinks or to watch a football game but won't go for a family dinner again. The male bartender was extremely friendly and personable but the servers weren't much to write home about.

1  Thank Lindsay H
Reviewed 12 November 2012

Cuando en la zona de Historic Charleston Carolina del Sur y desea una solución Guacamole, la cabeza a una isla de James y el único bar deportivo mexicano en toda la zona .. Barra Mexicana CHA CHA'S SPORTS en el camino de la locura te BEST FRESH GUACAMOLE EVER.Even mejor de Santa Fe y Los Ángeles

My friends you don't need to drive around all over Charleston County trying to find a TRUE Mexican theme Sports Bar with thee FRESHEST AND BEST GUACAMOLE. Head to James Island and at 1499 Folly Road on yourt right in a former shopping center just down from GOLDS,you'll find CHA CHA'S.
Not easy to find..but then neither is gold in Alaska or crab in the Bering Sea. But oh when you do find Cha Cha's you'll have hit gold. Cha Cha's is thee only MEXICAN THEME SPORTS BAR AND RESTAURANT IN CHARLESTON COUNTY, with over 100 different Tequilas. over 100.
Now the Guacamole made fresh by Kitchen Manager, Casey Hall. Friends I have eaten Guacamole from L A to Santa Fe to Flagstaff and none compared to Casey's fresh made Guacamole. N O N E.
It was by accident I found Cha Chas after leaving GOLDS Health Club on Folly Road. Look for a strip mall on your right with a boat sales and storage business and on the far left end where all the vehicles are parked is Cha Cha's. A Sports Bar with a great lunch, Happy Hour and a Mexican Family Restaurant, pool tables etc..A total evening of fun for a family, a party, friends, family or alone
Caseys Guacamole comes piled high like a green mountain. Dipping chips are MAH VEL UHS.
The GM, Chris York, knows his bar and restuarant business. Chris works with his people to make your visit a memorable feast of food, fun and satisfaction.
If Pancho villa were still alive his horse and the horses of his men would be outside. Adios amigo

1  Thank Extraactor