“Great food and a great place to eat”
Review of Back Home Bar & Grill - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Back Home Bar & Grill
Cuisines: American
Description: Brand new restaurant that just opened in West Ashley part of Charleston, SC. Amazing food, live music, great reviews so far.
Reviewed 27 February 2013 via mobile

It was a treat to eat here. We had a groupon and tried it out. It may have been the best bar Ive had. Im not much into sports bars but the food here is great, so great that I will be back without the groupon.

1  Thank CharlestonResident
Reviewed 1 February 2013

The wait staff are professional and friendly and the food is delicious. You can't go wrong here. Try the burgers!

1  Thank Paul G
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Four of us went and had burgers and sandwiches. My wife had a Reuben and found it to be well made with lots of corned beef and flavor. The rest of us had burgers. THey were very good with lots of toppings. THere are more than just fries to choose from as sides to the burgers. THey make home made potato chips too. I had those and they were good. The cole slaw was disappointing in that it was not creamy but more like it was made with oil and vinegar. The atmosphere was like a sports bar with lots of TV's. I will say the noise level was much better than most sports bars. We could actually hear each other.
Overall it was good for what it is. It is not a fancy restaurant but for pub food it was very good.

1  Thank Steve B
Reviewed 19 August 2012

My wife and I visited this new grill due to one menu item she HAD to try....The Iowa City Pork Tenderloin sandwich. Oh did I mention my wife is from Iowa. She was not disappointed. This place is roomy, has a fun atmosphere, good music but not too loud, lots of TV's, and a VERY attentive and friendly staff. And they serve food late night too! The menu, as my review title mentions, is across the board. Starters include Tater Tot Nachos, West Virginia Pepperoni Rolls, and even Wisconsin Chedder Cheese Curds. The sandwich items are great: Louisiana Po-Boy (catfish,shrimp,or crawfish), Classic Reuben, Maine Lobster Roll, Philly Cheese Steak, Springfield Illinois Horseshoe Sandwich (Texas toast open faced), and the Pittsburgh Sandwich (Primanti brothers). This last sandwich was huge. I choose it with corned beef. They make their own bread and piled it high with meat, slaw, AND fries. All in one! Needless to say I couldn't finish it, but enjoyed it just as much at home. Great beer selection and excellent Bud light bottle price of $1.75. I could continue with the full menu, but you need to visit for yourself and try the food. Our server, Holly was friendly and attentive, the manager, Amy, visited our table to tell us the history behind creating this new place. Conveniently located within 10 minutes from downtown, I can tell this place will be a favorite among locals and a find for foodies searching for non-local fare. The food (fresh made bread), price, convenient location, and friendly staff will keep me coming back....gotta try those Tater Tot Nachos! Check it out.

2  Thank lowcountry101