“Great beer selection & TVs for sports but service sorely lacking”

Charleston Beer Works
Ranked #264 of 971 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Went during one of the World Cup knockout round games on a Saturday to watch the game & the place was fairly full. Bar offered great selection of beers & bartender was very efficient. However, when we went to sit at a table expecting a server or some kind of acknowledgment, we were there over 40 minutes & no one came by to bring menus or take an order. Had the game not been on, I'd have left & never returned. Maybe they're more on point during other times but that was a big miss to me. I'd go back to watch a game & have a beer but nothing else.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Just arrived from the UK the previous evening and decided to try a local craft beer and a burger ,
Decided on the burger of the month ( May) which was the best burger I had during our 2 week visit and a local beer that was also excellent.
If I have a minor gripe it is that most of the craft beers start at 5.0 and go way above what I would call a barley wine at 9%, for a beer drinking Brit where our session beers are 3.5 to 4.5% this is quite strong and did not allow me to sample more beers without falling on my face!
However the beer tasted great along with the burger.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

We came here for a beer and came back twice more after that! They have a great selection of local beers as well as good specials! The bartenders knew a lot about the beers and they were very friendly!

We came back and we shared wings which were really good!!

We would definitely come back.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

They have a decent beer selection, but their pool table is pretty beat up. They also have bands play there sometimes so it can get a bit loud.

Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Dry rub wings awesome! and I know my wings. Terrapin hopsecutioner-best IPA in charleston. Dave the bartender was ton of fun. We went back twice it was so good. Can't beat the wings!