“Great food, great experience.”

Burwell's Stone Fire Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Burwell's Stone Fire Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #57 of 926 Restaurants in Charleston
Price range: US$19 - US$42
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: East Bay Street
Transit: Free Charleston Trolley stops next door at the Art Institute. Charleston Marriott also stops at the Art Institute.
Description: Burwell's, a pioneer of the Modern Steakhouse, unites with specific farms and ranches, most recently forging a powerful relationship with Snake River Farms for its exotic cuts, butcher selects, and above prime grades. The Award-Winning, casual steakhouse serves local, seasonal ingredients and its nose-to-tail efforts made famous by the "Hot Rock" program have caused quite a stir. Toss in the local seafood and vegetables and you'll find out why they've been the best kept secret in Charleston. Indoor - Outdoor Dining. "There is no other steak like it!"
Asheville, North Carolina
“Great food, great experience.”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We picked Burwell's because it was close to the harbor, although there was no view. We got a table right away even though it was a busy weekend. The service, food, and attention was great. The food was really superb. It turns out that one of the people who kept checking on us was the owner. We watched him staying on top of everything constantly, without harassing anyone in the process. You could tell he was truly concerned about the quality and service of his establishment. When I mentioned about the sparse potato portion on my plate, he brought me an entire bowl to make up for it. The topper was a surprise birthday desert, compliments of the house. Pure chocolate mousse decorated with candles and a Happy Birthday message, all of this after only casually mentioning that it was my birthday. We will definitely go back to Burwell''s again.

1 Thank organicrider

Charlotte, NC
“Not the same”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This restaurant has changed from our last year visit here. We took our daughter and her husband here expecting it to be as wonderful as it was last year. Last year the staff was amazing and the food was superb, like artwork. This time they did not even have the dishes we ordered and it was not good. I did not even finish my meal. They served my husband almost raw steak and my son-in-law the wrong dish. When they brought his we were almost done. They did at least not charge him for his dish. The ladies bathroom had green corrode on the faucets. Just shocked how downhill this place has gone . Will not return.

3 Thank sunrise8
Charleston, South Carolina
“Best Steaks Around . . .”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Even though a relatively new place on the Charleston restaurant scene, it is a "comer". The best steaks, drinks, and service around. Certainly worth a visit.

Visited April 2014
Newtown, Pennsylvania
“Another Charleston Gem!”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Food was great, wait staff was friendly and super helpful and provided great menu suggestions. Atmosphere was already really unique and nice. Upon getting home from our trip we also received a phone call from the restaurant wanting to know how our dining experience was. Can't believe how amazing southern hospitality is. I told them nothing could be improved, it was top notch.

Visited May 2014
Napa, California
“This restaurant is over the top in a serious FOODIE town”
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Last night I treated six friends from California to one of my favorite restaurants anywhere in the USA and the night did not disappoint on any level. This group of seven of us all comes from the wine and spirits industry and we are fortunate to be able to eat out many times a week so the bar is high. The photos of the food attached may or may do justice to the taste and quality so you will just have to go and try this place for yourself. We live part of the time in Napa, CA and part of the time in Charleston, SC and this is always one of our go to places to sit at the bar to have the Rock Candy (Lava Rock) to cook your own pieces of steak with a glass of wine. Sitting at the table last night and having various side dishes and salads,including pork belly, mac and cheese, asparagus. I had the bone in ribeye split with a friend and it was the most tender and flavorful of any steak I have ever had in my life.. Service was the icing on the cake. Ken and John and Dave certainly know how to make the entire experience amazing and Allan has got to be one of the best serves in America. Everyone from the front door to the back kitchen door takes such pride in what they do at Burwell's that it is no wonder that everytime I go back they are more and more busy. Way to go gentlemen and I will see you again on my next visit. We just love you guys.