“Sweet potato BBQ sauce? Sure, why not?!”
Review of Hello My name is BBQ - CLOSED

Hello My name is BBQ
Cuisines: Barbecue
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
“Sweet potato BBQ sauce? Sure, why not?!”
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Lunch here with my brother was a great experience. The foods great, the sauces are creative and delicious and the prices are reasonable. Funky little place well worth the trip downtown.

• Visited January 2014

greenville, sc
“Misnomer”
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Read the reviews. Had driven by many times; location always intrigued me. Finally gave it a shot...and...

What a disappointment. In the interest of full disclosure, I believe gussying up BBQ is literally putting lipstick on a pig and about as attractive. The only choice for barbecue here was "beer braised pulled pork." Nothing else. When I asked about other selections, I was told they also had bacon (um, ok) and black bean burgers (not exactly what one usually goes to a bbq place for). They do have an interesting array of sauces including sweet potato based, jalapeno based, curry based, and sweet tea. Good barbecue should not need sauce at all; the flavor should be cooked in the meat with the sauce serving to add a hint of a different flavor. Once again, trying to go gourmet on the sauces isn't what bbq is about...

But the sauces don't matter if the bbq isn't any good. The pork was dry and lukewarm. I appreciate someone attempting to be original in their culinary pursuits, but don't call it bbq. Maybe this works as some kind of noveau southern cuisine, bbq it ain't...

In addition to the questionable food, the manger/owner felt it necessary to discuss an employee's performance with the employee while we were eating. Fortunately, it was a favorable review (we weren't eavesdropping, we couldn't help but hear as the conversation was in the middle of the dining area) otherwise, it would have been even more uncomfortable than it was.

With many excellent restaurants in Charleston ranging from haute cuisine to greasy spoons. With all of those options, Hello my name is BBQ can be avoided...

• Visited February 2014
Melbourne
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed 13 December 2013 via mobile

This great value restaurant was delicious. We loved it. They were great with our young kids too, bringing out toys for them to play with. If we ever go to charleston again, we will be heading straight here

1 Thank wheressharon
Austin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Real SC Barbecue”
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Was just in Charleston, SC on business. One of my personal goals was to have some authentic SC barbecue. A colleague brought me to to this place. This is the real deal!
They also have a food truck part of the year.
Loved it!

• Visited July 2013
“Best BBQ I've ever had!”
Reviewed 16 July 2013 via mobile

The outside of the restaurant doesn't scream quality food. Stop in anyway. The BBQ is the best I've ever had. The staff is friendly and patient with tourists. They explained the menu and had recommendations for what to order. The sandwich was out of this world! I can't wait to go back.

• Visited July 2013