“No Student Discount”

Ocean China Super Buffet
Ranked #603 of 933 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Decided to try this place because we received a brochure in the mail a few days ago advertising the dinner buffet with a VERY obvious bubble that said "$1 off with Student ID." But of course when we went to pay and said "here are our student IDs for the discount," they said they only had a senior discount (even though the brochures were sitting right next to her). Since it was only $1, I decided not to argue and ended up paying full price.

The food quality is what I expect from an Asian Buffet, and that's a good selection of average quality food. The staff were very friendly and the place overall seemed clean. The dessert section was lacking compared to other buffets in the area, and most of the seafood I tried was very dry and bland. But the noodles and chicken/beef/veggies were very good considering what they were. I did not get a chance to try the hibachi, but the sushi was decent. I loved the seaweed salad, as it was probably the best thing I had.

I'd recommend this place only if you are in the area and are very hungry for a variety of food. I may return in the future, but unlike a lot of places, I'm not dying to.

There are newer reviews for Ocean China Super Buffet

Reviewed 28 May 2014

we were trying to find a buffet with hibachi close to dt and the food was average, but it had hibachi so I was satisfied until a cockroach appeared while the restaurant was busy and ran behind my boyfriend until I had to kill it. Needless to say I could not eat anymore. Service was good at taking plates but no refills were given. I brought them the Roach and they took 3 dollars off our ticket. Not ok for health hazard and no apology either.

1  Thank swaiken
Reviewed 25 March 2014

A terriffic buffet with superb hibachi grill with fresh seafood and meats, as well as broccolli and multiple veggies. One is allowed to add your own garlic and pepper for individualized seasoning which is superb. The salad bar has extensive offerings. The sushi bar was fresh and very enjoyable.

I cannot wait to revisit this grand buffet!

Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

I am not a fan of buffets but this one is better than most. I was pleasantly by how much flavor most of the food actually has.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

Well I'm to start with the bad part of this restaurant visit, we ate way to much! We got our moneys worth in just the Sushi. The food was very good, lots of choices. Fish,Shrimp,Clams, mussels,Scallops,Sushi,Salads,Calamari,Ribs,Crayfish,Stuffed mushrooms,Mongolian barbeque,rice, to many to list.Deserts,ice cream and even things for the picky kids like chicken fingers, french fries. The service was not bad either, never ran out of water and plates were picked up promptly. Once our stomachs get back to normal we will be back!