“Truly Great Experience!”

Marsh Maven Fishing Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: Year round inshore fishing charters and guide service for redfish, sea trout and flounder. Light tackle and fly fishing. USCG certified captain. Half and full day trips. All experience levels welcome.
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Captain Dave was terrific! I've been trying to arrange a fishing trip with my father for sometime. Before a recent family trip to the Isle of Palms outside Charleston, I reached out to Dave to coordinate a charter. I found him to be knowledgeable, professional, and patient. He made the day a terrific one! The scenery was beautiful and the fishing was great. My dad caught a giant red fish. The pic was priceless and a memory I'll cherish. Would definitely book Captain Dave again on a return trip! Highly recommended.

David L, Owner at Marsh Maven Fishing Charters, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Charles,

Thanks for the nice review. It was a great day with you and your dad!

There are newer reviews for Marsh Maven Fishing Charters

Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

We went fishing last weekend with David and had a super time! He was VERY accommodating with times and dates as we were coming from out of town. He was there on time and explained the plan for the day. We said we were after quality over quantity! We caught redfish, trout and a giant stingray!!! Thanks for a great trip and super memories!!!

David L, Owner at Marsh Maven Fishing Charters, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Truth be told, the fishing was tough and I would have liked to have caught more fish. What made it a great day was y'all. Thank YOU for the great time and fun memories. See you next time your down here!

Reviewed 16 April 2014

I booked a trip with Marsh Maven on 4/10/14. Capt. Dave is very knowledgeable and a dedicated fishing guide. We caught plenty of fish, starting with trout early in the morning then targeting big reds on light tackle once the tide turned. The trip was awesome and you will not be disappointed. - Tight Lines!

David L, Owner at Marsh Maven Fishing Charters, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

John,
Thanks for the nice review. Your a good fisherman and that had a lot to do with our success that day. Hope to see you again next time you come down to Charleston!

Reviewed 7 April 2014

I bought this fishing trip a year ago for my son's 21st birthday, but because it was also the same year he was getting married we could never get together on a date. So I called up Dave and ask him if he would still honor my son's trip and he did. My son and his wife went this past weekend and they had a great time. Dave put them on the fish and my daughter in law caught her a huge red fish, flounder, and sea trout, my son caught him some nice fish to. They had a great time and I know they will go back again. Thanks so much for giving my son a great birthday fishing trip.

Thanks for the nice review. Enjoyed sending the morning with Caleb and Casey. Go Dawgs!

Reviewed 24 March 2014

I have done 3 fishing trips with Dave. Great guy to have as a fishing guide. Knowledgable about the Charleston environs and even if they aren't biting you will catch a fish. I have had to reschedule several times and Dave was always accommodating. A great guy to go out fishing with and you will have a great time. Not just a driver but an experienced fisherman. I started off as a true novice having never have been fishing in my life and caught several redfish. In the process learning how to cast and read for signs of a good fishing spot. Even if you are not an avid fisherman this is a great way to see a side of the beautiful marshes that surround Charleston that you can only experience on a boat with a guide. This is a must do experience if you live here or are just visiting.

David L, Owner at Marsh Maven Fishing Charters, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Thanks Steve, all trips have been fun and I appreciate you fishing with me. I won't soon forget that foggy morning.