“Great neighborhood place”

Price range: US$0 - US$13
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Crust is a great addition to the Terrace Plaza. I stopped in for takeout for lunch. and picked up the 'Del Re' which really hit the spot. Nice light crust with a smoky flavor, and great toppings like ham and artichoke hearts. Very friendly service, and even on a Friday at noon, there was a nice buzz about the place. Last time we sat outside but I loved the vibe of the inside.

There are newer reviews for Crust

Reviewed 29 May 2014

My daughter and I were very impressed by the James Island restaurant "Crust". We shared a "Bianca" pizza in a pleasant environment. The restaurant specialises in artisan pizza, and it lives up to that - the pizza here is very obviously made from scratch, and just enough for two people without feeling overfed. Friendly staff, very reasonable price-wise. Parking is apparently a perennial issue, as we had to make a few attempts before finding a parking place. But in Charleston, parking is always an issue.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

what a pleasant surprise to find such great pizza on james island. i never go out for pizza anymore because i am always disappointed. heard place was great, and i was amazed about how great it was. i got the pizza with butternut squash on it. never would have thought, but what a pizza. can't wait to go back and try something else.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Second try now.....and more disappointing than the first. Derby day and the place was jamming;unfortunately our waitress wasn't . It was somewhat disconcerting to have to request a GLASS for my 79 year old, slightly palsied friend when the beer bottle was plunked down in front of him. Had to order water, the pizza was burned, the beet and feta salad is uniquely uninspired for the price ( even with the 6 pistachios), and someone has reinvented the wings recipe to be hot sauce only. EVen the check was tardy, after the request, we were in full view of our girl as she chewed the fat at the bar for some 5 minutes.
One more try.....as i"m in the area often and want to try the gluten free pizza.....here's hoping! (* and will request a different waitperson--or perhaps a training seminar?

3  Thank Linda E
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

The pizza was very good. The fries in the basket were good. The Caesar salad was not as good as expected. There might have been anchovies in the salad dressing? It really had a fish taste. I have never had hard boiled egg in my Caesar salad before. I like eggs, but not sure if that was what made my salad different. My suggestion is pick a different salad.