“So fun!!”

Mary-Margaret's Walking Tours
Ranked #95 of 234 Tours in Charleston
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Charleston Bridal Tours offers private tours that encompasses the romance and charm of Charleston. Visiting Charleston for your bachlorette weekend or a weekend getaway, you will want to join us for a tour about love, scandal, and strong woman that have formed Charleston. Explore the graves of famous patriots, Hear about the Grimke sisters who were famous abolitionists, Learn about wedding traditions, Ladies Finishing Schools and Historic couples on our Bridal Tour. Explore Charleston's alleys, the beautiful sea wall, and walk by beautiful mansions all while your guide will regal with stories on the amazing Women and men of Charleston then and now! Tours depart in front of (not inside) the Gibbes Museum of Art 135 Meeting Street. Reservations are required.
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Touring with Mary was such a fun experience for my bachelorette party. She's the cutest thing ever and super engaged. I loved hearing the history of Charleston, especially all the love stories. We had some wine and grapes at the conclusion of the tour too. I highly recommend the walking tour!!

1  Thank 642gabriellas
Mary-Margaret C, Owner at Mary-Margaret's Walking Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

I always have such a great time on the "Bridesmaids' tour" and I am so glad that you ladies did as well!! Come back and visit Charleston, and many blessings for a wonderful marriage!
Best wishes,
Mary-Margaret

Reviewed 18 June 2014

After reading ¨The Invention of Wings" by Sue Monk Kidd one of my book clubs booked a tour with Mary-Maragret to see the locales written about in the novel. The second of my book clubs was intrigued as well, so we booked a tour with her. Mary-Margaret was not only knowledgeable about the Grimke sisters, she was also very knowledgeable about other women who made history in Charleston. She combined architecture with literature and history to make this a most memorable walking tour. I've taken 3 carriage tours, 2 boat tours and a ghost tour all before taking this one. Mary-Maragret made this a very memorable and enjoyable day. She was incredibly accommodating and terrific in communicating both before and during our tour. I live here in Charleston and am so grateful for people who keep history alive and interesting. A terrific day!

1  Thank Rosanna J
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Last weekend I went to Charleston to spend time with some friends and got much more that I expected. I have never been to Charleston and Mary did an amazing job getting me immersed into the culture. She is extremely knowable, not only of the city itself, but of it's people. She kept me riveted on the stories about the individuals who used to dwell in the city, as well as, in the classically beautiful structures. I could share several of my favorite stories but I wouldn't want to give anything away. I would highly recommend taking Mary-Margaret's Walking Tours. She is extremely enthusiastic and patient. I had to have asked a 1,000 questions and she didn't hesitate to answer a single one in detail!!

1  Thank KatSK_955

I am so glad that your first time to Charleston was such a success!!! We had a lot of fun, and I am so glad I was able to be a part of it!! Come back and see us again soon!
Best regards,
Mary-Margaret Cornelius

Reviewed 5 June 2014

There were five of us ladies that met up in Charleston for a vacation. We are so glad we called Mary Margaret and took her 2 Graveyards & a Cocktail Tour. We were impressed with her knowledge and history of Chraleston and it's people. It was well worth the time and we all enjoyed ourselves. The Blind Tiger toppped the morning off.

1  Thank Mary H