“Fire at restaurant”
Review of Anson Restaurant

Anson Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Anson Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 940 Restaurants in Charleston
Price range: US$30 - US$40
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 25 December 2013

According to the local paper, there was a fire at the restaurant yesterday noon (Dec. 24th). It isn't yet know when the restaurant will reopen.

This was rated solely to be able to submit the review.

Reviewed 24 December 2013 via mobile

Had a great dinner with the family. Enjoyed the decor and thorough wine list. The shrimp and grits were fantastic, also felt the quality of the food far outweighed the price we paid. Excellent introduction to Southern cooking.

Reviewed 6 December 2013

Great everything. My husband said his martini was perfect. I started with the scallop appetizer (excellent) while my husband had the wedge salad with blue cheese dressing, which he rates as A+. We both had steaks, cooked to perfection. No room for dessert. Great staff and ambience with music, soft lighting, and enough separation from other guests to be quite romantic. Be sure to make your reservation.

Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

Group in town congregated at restaurant for evening together. Had the Shrimp and Grits. Awesome dish full of flavors. Service was great and the ambience was perfect for our group. Make this one of your stops if in town.

Reviewed 28 November 2013 via mobile

A recent first visit here was outstanding in every way. My food was well conceived and perfectly prepared. I particularly recommend the pork belly first course. Service was excellent as well: our server was always there when we needed him, never there when we did not, asked all the right questions and gave us all the help we needed. We were seated on the second floor, which to me lacked the ambiance of the first floor, so next time I will try for the first floor. I hope to return soon.