“Nice little Irish pub”

Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: After working in the restaurant business for many years, Tommy opened his first restaurant in 1984. He has made his name by becoming one of Charleston's favorite local spots to serve up Lowcountry specialties such as shrimp and grits and fish and chips. Tommy runs the type of family-oriented establishment where people know their children are as welcome as they are. In fact, a children's menu has been specially prepared for "little leprechauns." In the months following Hurricane Hugo, Tommy made numerous trips to Ireland collecting exquisite antique mirrors and authentic Irish memorabilia that adorn his restaurant. He scoured the countryside and brought every pub mirror he could find. He laughs wryly about his massive shipping bills. The results are worth all his effort. The mirrors cast rich reflections, making the restaurant warm and inviting. Some mirrors are ornately detailed while others shimmer with simple elegance. You'll swear you've been transported to a pub shrouded in antiquity in Ireland's rambling countryside.The restaurant would not be complete without the sounds of Ireland. The background music is perfect. In the pub and bar area the "live" sounds of Ireland can be heard every Wednesday through Sunday nights. You can sit back and listen or join in singing an Irish-American sing-along. Tommy says it is wonderful to see whole families getting in on the fun at one table while at another sits a couple on a date and at yet another sits someone's grandparents remembering and laughing.
Reviewed 26 July 2014

What one would expect, reasonable prices, good food, and cold beer. Great place for lunch and tight in the middle of the shopping district.

There are newer reviews for Tommy Condon’s

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Went here for lunch during our stay in charleston. It was always busy, and they had TVs so we could watch the World Cup, so we have it a try. Service was not great. Our waitress was chewing her food as she walked over to take our order. The food was average. There are many better options out there. Pass on this one.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I first heard about this restaurant through all the coupon and city maps. Then my horse and carriage ride rode by there and I read the sign: Monday nights-50 cent wings. We had eaten a big lunch so we needed a light supper. There is a different special each night so it is worth checking out-especially if you use one of the coupons that aren't hard to find in town.
We ended up trying the wings, salad, and peach margaritas. Everything was absolutely delicious! The service was impeccable. My only drawback is I could not stay until later in the week when they would have Irish music. That would give it the true Irish pub feel.
I would love to go back and try the entrees-definitely on one of the nights with IRish music playing.
Great place!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We had a very good meal here. Shrimp and grits was good but my son wished it was a bigger portion. Shrimp po-boy good. Sheppard pie good. Duck sandwich probably wrong choice for a teen who likes burgers. Good all around for families.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

I love Irish food. I was so disappointed when I looked at the menu. I understand trying to cater to your location but c'mon you're and IRISH pub. If you think you're going to come here and order bangers and mash or rashers or Guinness stew think again. The service was nauseatingly slow. The food tasted good I just couldn't get over the fact that it was typical southern cuisine. Would I go back? Nope.