“I can't believe I'm recomending Pizza”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Mellow Mushroom

Mellow Mushroom
Ranked #101 of 898 Restaurants in Charleston
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Bar, Pizza, Pub
Good for: Groups, Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Description: Kitchen Hours Sun-Thurs 11AM-11PM Friday & Saturday 11AM-12AM (Bar 11AM-2AM)
Meadville, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I can't believe I'm recomending Pizza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

A funky fun place. I would have never thought pizza would be review worthy. The fresh homemade crust is the best.We had the Shitaki Pizza.A huge beer list with a big selection of Micro brews.A must do in Charleston!

• Visited March 2014
BoomerO26, Public Relations Manager at Mellow Mushroom, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Hi, John. Thanks for your five star review! Glad that you enjoyed our unique crust made from the freshest and highest quality ingredients out there. If you're a huge fan of our beer selection, we definitely recommend signing up for our Beer Club for specials! Have a great day, and come back soon.

Charleston, South Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Greasy "pie" in vapid junkie atmosphere”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

I was grossed out by the loud grungy music with out of tune vocals, ugly paintings, explicit junkie references in menu, and dirty bathroom.

Food was rich in taste but way too fat - enough to give you a gastric attack.

They have pizzas but they call them "pies".

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Kwato
Hey, thanks so much for taking time to send us some feedback. Any information we can get from our customers is important! We sincerely apologize for the state of our restrooms during your visit. We take great pride in cleanliness and ensure you the bathroom not being up to your standards is very out of character for our restaurant. It sounds like you got a chance to try one of our Specialty Pies that are unique to Mellow Mushroom. We use the freshest and best ingredients out there, which is why our pizzas are different from others. Again, we want to apologize that your Mellow experience was not up to our usual standards and we hope that you'll give us another try! Please contact Boomer@mellowmushroomchs.com so we can make sure your next visit is a great one! We look forward to hearing from you.
Connecticut
“Surprisingly Good - A True Hidden Gem!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

I admit that going into this restaurant was all my wife's idea. I really hate mushrooms so I guess I have a subconscious aversion to the name alone... But anything to have a happy wife.

We started off with the pretzels appetizer. They were baked perfectly - the dough was very soft and tasted far beyond my expectations. Great seasoning and dipping sauce!

I opted for a "hoagie." I quote it because of the different regional names these have - where I'm from they are called "subs". Anyway the Turkey & Cheese was the recommended pick so I went with that.

First impression was 'holy @#$@' that's a big sandwich. I mean really for $10 that was one huge hoagie. An amazing value and I had not even taken a bite yet!

It included bacon, peppers and even cucumbers. The cucumbers added an entirely new dimension in both texture and flavor. Overall it was just a well built, well thought out sandwich. I remember thinking that the items picked out for this were great choices (fresh, flavorful, colorful) and played off each other very well.

My wife had one of their pizzas and she absolutely loved it as well.

Don't be fooled by the outward appearance of this location, it is worth the venture in and my only regret is that they don't have one of these locations closer to home.

• Visited November 2013
Thanks for your feedback, Tom! We're glad that your wife's happiness led you to Mellow and that you guys thoroughly enjoyed your meal with us. Sounds like you guys tried a variety of things on our signature Mellow menu! Come back and see us again the next time you and your wife are in Charleston!
Charleston, South Carolina
“Don't overestimate the cooks, I'm surprised they can boil water.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

I've had problems here before but my friends wanted pizza so I gave in. I'm lactose intolerant so I thought I'd get the wings...who can mess up wings? These guys can.... the wings were so overcooked I had to force them down cuz I was so hungry and it took long enough to get them I couldn't wait anymore. I don't like to generalize because I'm sure they have some good employees, but whoever was in the kitchen on 2/9/14 needs some additional training. If you must go to mellow mushroom stick to pizza because that's all they can cook.

• Visited February 2014
BoomerO26, Public Relations Manager at Mellow Mushroom, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Hi, Ryan. We appreciate you taking the time out to write us a review. We want to provide delicious food for our customers all around, so we are so sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your wings. We'll definitely be taking your comments into consideration for the future. Please contact Boomer@mellowmushroomchs.com so we can ensure your next visit with us is a great one. Hope to see you again soon!
Houston, Texas
“Awesome pizza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

After eating fancy meals while in Charleston, my husband and I were craving pizza for lunch. We stumbled into Mellow Mushroom while walking on King Street. It did not disappoint. The crust was so soft and crusty. Really good pizza and reasonably priced. Definitely a college hangout. I would recommend.

Visited January 2014
Thanks so much for your feedback, Rene! We're stoked that you and your husband got a chance to stop in on King St while you were visiting Charleston. Our crust is made with the freshest spring water, which is why it's so delicious! Come back and see us the next time you're in Charleston!