“Great Place for a Quick Lunch”
Review of Jason's Deli

Jason's Deli
Ranked #394 of 967 Restaurants in Charleston
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I join friends at Jason's at least three or four times each month. We go there because:

1. It's location is convenient.
2. The menu selections are fairly diverse for the type of restaurant that it is.
3. The restaurant has gluten-free options.
4. The staff is very friendly and helpful.
5. The food is consistent and of a good quality.

If you want fine dining, don't go there. (You should know better!)

If you want inexpensive, good, basic food in a relatively cheerful atmosphere, go there.

Reviewed 8 February 2014

We have eaten here many times in the past. The sandwiches are good. We had the salad bar this time. The salad bar is good. The salad bar didnot have a tuna or chicken salad, a shame. They do provide a desert of machine ice cream which was very ice filled. Though there were levers for two flavours and a swril, only one flavour was available - just. This a good solid deli. There is nothing that is outstanding or of note. It is good. We will return.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

The hallmark sandwich of any "deli" is corned beef on rye. The meat must be lean first cut, sliced thinly, and the rye bread must be slightly chewy border and soft in the middle. The mustard must be spicy deli-style. Sorry, none of these apply to any Jason's I have been to. Most of the employees have never heard of CB on rye, with coleslaw & russian dressing--that's the life blood of any real delicatessen. Well, the free soft ice cream is OK, I guess. Pastrami was cut properly, however the rye bread needs to be upgraded to the real thing.

Reviewed 5 May 2013

We just got into Charleston after driving from Jacksonville. We were hungry but didn't want to get anything fancy. My sister in law recommended Jason's. The place was mobbed, set up like a cafeteria and unfortunately they did not have adult beverages, a must while on vacation. We decided to get take out. I ordered a pastrami corned beef and swiss with mustard on rye, the sandwich wasn't New York deli quality but is was good, the bread was nice, but the mustard was yellow. I also had the french onion soup which was nice. My wife had an egg salad salad sandwich and the tomato basil soup. She like the egg salad, but again they use yellow mustard. And the tomato basil soup was tasty. We would stop in again.

Liz F, Manager at Jason's Deli, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2013

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your experience with us. We do not offer adult beverages at this location, but other Jason's deli's do, and I do encourage you to try those locations. I hope your enjoyed your visit to Charleston, and will come visit again when you drive through!

Reviewed 15 April 2013

I usually go for the sandwich/salad bar. Very fresh ingredients and lots to choose from. Very tasty sandwiches, and the salad bar is recharged often. Reasonable prices for a nice meal.