“Fun, tasty, reasonably priced lunch”

Groucho's Deli of Charleston
Ranked #423 of 967 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

My coworkers and I grabbed lunch here while at a conference at the Francis Marion Hotel. Service was fast and friendly. I got a simple but tasty Angel Salad. Sandwich "dippers" were good. Offers a low fat menu. Sauces and dips are tasty. Lots of classic rock playing. Booth seats were torn up but everything was very clean. Feels like a fun college joint.

Reviewed 25 October 2013

I had the half sandwich/chili combo for lunch. There was nothing special about my sandwich and while chicken chili sounded good, it was impossible to taste the chicken. If I ever find myself back in Charleston, I will skip Groucho's.

Reviewed 31 July 2013

When I was in college in the early 1980's in Columbia, SC I often ate at the original Groucho's in Five Points. It was awesome and I loved the Apollo Dipper and their special 45 sauce! I heard that they had franchised and that there were now several Groucho's in SC and NC and was excited to find one in Charleston on my vacation. I made a point to go there and was not disappointed! Once again, I had my beloved Apollo Dipper with 45 sauce and it was just like it used to be -- good quality deli meats with hot melted cheese and the 45 was just as I remember it! My husband had a chicken salad sandwich that he enjoyed and my son had a big 'ol turkey sub. The sandwiches come with chips and a pickle. I would prefer Lays chips instead of their house brand, but that is minor thing to me! The service was terrific and friendly, also. One note to the management: the bathroom really needed cleaning and some TLC. Great sandwiches, great King Street location, friendly service with a smile! I enjoyed my trip down Groucho's memory Lane and will visit other Groucho's in my travels!

Reviewed 22 July 2013

Food was fresh and tasty. Service was good. Definitely needed a good cleaning, especially the bathrooms.

Reviewed 20 July 2013 via mobile

My wife and I visited the groucho's in West Ashley and our sandwiches were soggy. We were not happy with our food. My wife sent hers back and when it came back out it was still soggy. They said they steam the sandwiches. When you mix steam and bread the bread soaks up the water in the steam. I feel robbed of a meal. I hope you don't make the same mistake we did. It's very unfortunate, however we won't make that mistake going there again.