“Didn't Live Up to Reviews”

Kaminsky's Most Excellent Cafe
Ranked #3 of 38 Dessert in Charleston
Price range: US$0 - US$8
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Takeout
Description: Located in downtown Charleston, Kaminsky's "most excellent" desserts are prepared fresh each day by our talented pastry chefs with selections changing daily. We encourage you to explore our selection of signature desserts housed in the case at the front door.Relax and enjoy your most excellent selection of dessert with a beverage. In addition to our vast array of specialty coffees, we also offer a full beer, wine and liquor selection.Our signature desserts can be ordered for any special occasion or celebration. We ask that you call our restaurants to reserve your favorite gourmet cake or pie at least 48 hours in advance.
Arlington, Virginia
“Didn't Live Up to Reviews”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We decided to go here after dinner and we were sorely disappointed. We opted for the Tollhouse Pie, which we were told is what they are famous for. I think the pie was overheated because the crusty was chewy and tough. Coffee was OK. Service was less than par.

• Visited August 2014
thanksfordining, Guest Relations Manager at Kaminsky's Most Excellent Cafe, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
Thank you for dining with us at Kaminsky’s and thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your experience. It was great to hear you decided to try our famous Toll house Cookie Pie, but it was upsetting to hear the lack of focus we displayed in the preparation of your dish. Being voted best desserts in the Charleston area for several consecutive years, there is no excuse for the crust of your pie being anything less then perfect. We apologize for this clear mistake and we will be reviewing your comments closely with our pastry chef and management team. We would still love another opportunity to serve you, as we know we can do a much better job of exceeding your expectations. Thank you again for your comments and we hope to see you soon.

New Jersey
“Love this place!”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Leave room for dessert or just skip dinner and go right to Kaminsky's for a sweet treat. We enjoyed the Butter finger cake and the chocolate chip cheesecake and both were excellent. There were many other delicious looking cakes, pies and goodies that I wish I had the tummy room to try.

Visited August 2014
Memphis, Tennessee
“Delicious!!!”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

This is one of my favorite places in Charleston! The atmosphere it great and the desserts are amazing. I love cheesecake and this is some of the best cheesecakes I have had! Orange creamsicle and chocolate chip are my favorites. I tried my boyfriend's key lime pie and it was awesome! Just beware that once they're out of a dessert, they are out!

Visited August 2014
Surfside Beach, South Carolina
“Leave room for dessert!”
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Ok seriously you must leave room for Kaminsky's I realize that Charleston has so many places to eat or just have coffee but what sets Kaminsky's apart is the variety and location. Kaminsky's has a wide array of cakes, Pies, & Pastries not to mention the coffee and tea selections it is also located right on the main area you do not need to go to far off the beaten path to find it. I recommend the Carrot Cake and their Mocha Coffee. I will say that sometimes Kaminsky's could be very crowded so you may have to wait to be seated my suggestion wait till later in the evening or eat dinner early and go right after, it gets busy around 7pm. I hope this helps you make a sound choice! :)

Fort Mill
“GREAT Selection of Sweet Delicacies”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

The desserts and drinks are definitely the highlight of this place. The display case is full of freshly made and delightful desserts. The berry cobbler and the chocolate lava cake were both served warm and were spectacular. Espresso was also great.There's a fun list of dessert drinks, coffee drinks and wine. Kaminsky's always seems super busy and crazy, but it's worth the wait.

• Visited August 2014