“Great Service”

Neighbourhood: Downtown
Neighbourhood: Downtown
“Great Service”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We were shocked to find a good mexican restaurant in downtown Charleston. The only negative we could say is the rest rooms were in need of a cleaning. Everything else was fine.

• Visited July 2014

Roanoke, Virginia
“Food - meh, Service - great”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Went in after a night of drinking in search of something to soak up all of the bad from the previous night. What we found was good service but lack luster TexMex that wasn't seasoned very well.

On a whim - or because the menu picture looked good - I ordered the deep fried ice cream. The ice cream tasted a little freezer burned and was completely disconnected taste-wise from the sugar cereal coating. I was looking for strong cinnamon and honey flavors and was disappointed in how flat it tasted.

That said, their service was great. Maybe we just hit an off day.

Visited July 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Just ok”
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Total dive, the bathrooms were nasty but, the food and service was good. I had the seafood chimichanga which was excellent. My wife ordered the beef chimichanga. It was advertised as shredded beef but, it came as/with ground beef. She said it was good though. We ordered the margaritas which we thought were pretty good.

West Palm Beach, Florida
“Good inexpensive Mexican food”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We have visited this restaurant many times over the years and it never fails to disappoint. Our usual is the chicken fajita's with all the fixings. I guarantee you won 't leave hungry. All ingredients are fresh, although the quacomoli could be improved in. The chicken also does not have a lot of flavor on our last visit. That is why I don't give it 5 stars.

• Visited May 2014
Arkansas. USA
“Pretty much your average mexican restaurant in a nice neighboorhood”
Reviewed 23 March 2013

Stopped in for a quick snack and to get out of the rain. The place was nearly empty, but they still had to wipe down a table for us. The waiter came quickly and took our drink order. He left so quickly we couldn't even ask for cheese dip.

The margarita I got - rocks - was not as awful as some places can make. The mix wasn't quite as cloying - but I wouldn't go there for the margaritas.

The menu is huge - but seemed to be all the same mexican type items listed over and over in different combinations. I really wanted tortilla soup, and found something like it on the menu. I was informed it wasn't tortilla soup - though - just chicken soup. The waiter seemed annoyed at my questions.

We finally ordered a combination platter to split. It was very typical. Way too much cheese. Not bad, but not really good either.

Prices were good. The decor was standard bar/mexican type atmosphere. Meh!

• Visited March 2013