“Totally worth it! Just sit at the bar!”
Review of FIG

Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hasell
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Follow all the advice you read - forget getting a reservation on short notice, and just plan to be there at 5:00 when they open. Take a seat at the bar with Andrew and Ashley. You can order food at 5:30 or later. The food was spectacular. We enjoyed the 9 vegetable salad, gnocchi, cobia and pork schnitzel. It is the fastest I've ever seen my husband eat. Seriously make time for FIG, it is way better than many other restaurants.

1  Thank Jen D
Write a ReviewReviews (1,935)

Reviewed 12 August 2014

My fiancée and I finally tried FIG this past weekend in Charleston. Charleston is a town blessed with many fabulous restaurants, but FIG really stands out of the pack. The service was impeccable as our waitress provided detailed, very helpful explanations of the menu and appeared just at the right times. We had the ricotta gnocchi & beef Bolognese for an appetizer that was the lightest yet most flavorful gnocchi I have ever had. We then split a pork spaetzle (amazing!!) and a fish dish for dinner. I had a glass of wine and we walked out of there for under $120. The atmosphere is cozy and fairly quiet, definitely great for a date night without a hint of stuffiness.

FIG definitely lives up to the hype and we will surely return. I highly recommend!!

1  Thank Rebecca R
Reviewed 12 August 2014

This place is worth the hype. I asked a friend who used to live here for recommendations and I was given around 10. Then he said he would go here. We did. I wish I could recommend a dish but the menu changes a lot. You really cannot go wrong with anything. We walked in and sat at the bar. Full service and front row view of the mixologist doing their thing.

If you are looking for something fresh and just a little bit different, you can not go wrong here. One of the few places that is worthy the hype. On the high end an entree will run you around $30-$35. We saw a lot of people sharing an app, entree and a side along with a bottle of wine. GO HERE.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Our server told us that the Halibut was 'off' but they had swordfish instead. Not what I wanted especially when she tried to fob us off with some excuse that swordfish is better than Halibut. When we ordered our 2nd bottle of San Pellegrino, she told us that this was the last bottle. Really, one of the best rated restaurants in Charleston and the Halibut and sparkling water is finished, really. I don't remember anything else after this I was disappointed.

1  Thank IanDeCesare
Reviewed 9 August 2014

BEST meal in Charleston. No wonder it's hard to get a reservation.
If you can't get a reservation, go early at opening and they can probably work you in.