“Delightful!”

Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hasell
Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

Late into town, we took a chance and got a late seating at the "community table" since the place was booked. Our server was extremely knowledgeable and made superb recommendations. Swordfish with morel mushrooms and risotto and Red Snapper with squash on top a corn chowder were delicious entrees. We finished with a tasty sorghum cake with rhubarb and walnut ice cream for desert. We hope our schedule will allow a return visit!!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,080)

Reviewed 13 September 2017

In the end you will get a great meal with great service. Seriously we have been meaning to go here for over 2 years however I think its the only place in Charleston you have to have reservations basically 4 weeks out for a party of 4. Serious food, portions are not large to opt for some of the great appetizers they have,,, all we tried were awesome.
I know we will go back again, but will probably be awhile since we never plan that far ahead.

2  Thank OTRA166
Reviewed 11 September 2017

We visited Charleston on a whim, having cancelled a Caribbean trip due to weather. As late arrivals, we didn't have the hookup for what we heard was one of the best restaurants in town. Luckily, Resy came through with a late cancellation and a prime time table for two. And we were suitably impressed!

My wife and I started with some very creative sounding cocktails, the "Ticket To Ride" and the "Farlander," both delicious. This was accompanied by their Chicken Liver Pâté and a delightfully surprising Tomato Tarte Tartin appetizers. The Chicken Liver was deliciously creamy and perfect on toast points with a bit of the supplied mustard. The Tomato Tarte was transcendent! On arrival, it looks suspiciously like Tuna Tartare, and we dug into a surprisingly warm, incredibly intense tomato explosion, with a crisp pastry bottom for some alternative texture. Combined with the goat cheese, this dish was an absolute revelation.

After a moment of recovery, our entrees arrived, and were equally amazing. My wife had a Crab Spaghetti special that was prepared with a lemon butter, some bottarga and toasted bread crumbs. It was an appetizer sized plate, but perfect for her and delicious. I enjoyed FIG's Suckling Pig summer salad, which was as wonderful as that sounds. Juicy suckling pig, with a bit of cracklins. Maybe there were some apples or lettuce or something "healthful" on there as well, but I did not care, as I was in pig heaven.

No dessert, obv.

Can't wait to return to Charleston and FIG!

2  Thank admixer
Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

We were able to snag a reservation on our trip to Charleston, and am I glad we did! Small, intimate and trendy restaurant. Our server Drew was fantastic as was the whole staff. We ordered three appies, the Burrata, gnocchi and raw fish apple (can't remember what it was called). Everything was delicious. I had the Amberjack for dinner and it was perfect! The coconut custard dessert was the perfect ending! I can't recommend FIG enough.

Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

Had not eaten at Fig in several years, at time since we could not get reservations. This great restaurant continues to meet our high expectations. The food is fabulous and the service great. The atmosphere is great and the noise level subdued. The appetizers were very tempting and ended up sharing several with the 4 of us. The ricotta gnocchi with bolognese ...outstanding.

1  Thank DGVTrav