“Renamed neighborhood favorite is a hit!”

The Hideaway Pizza Kitchen
Ranked #654 of 910 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Seating, Takeout
Neighbourhood: James Island
Charleston, South Carolina
“Renamed neighborhood favorite is a hit!”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I'd been to the old restaurant bunches. Even had a favorite sub. Though my old sub is gone, I gave the new, expanded spot a try. Wow, even better than I expected. Just had the Parm. meatball sub and it surpassed my expectations.....delicious without being messy. Flavorful meatballs, complimented by a homemade, thick, red sauce and melted provolone cheese on a toasted sub roll made for a 12" masterpiece. My wife loved The Philly so much the first time she tried it, she hasn't ordered anything else since. Homemade potato chips were light and crispy too. Oh, and though I've dined in and picked up, they have free delivery on James Island. They really did a great job with the transformation of this place. Great menu items like their sandwiches: Prickly Pete, Holy City Club, and Which Came First, or The Italian and The Red October. Try their apps, burgers, pizza, pasta, and salads. Give this off-the-beaten-path place a try and your appetite will thank you.

• Visited March 2014

kansas city
“Great food!”
Reviewed 18 February 2014

We were lost while trying to find the Fort Sumter Tour and ran across this place. It was sooo good. My husband had a meat lover's type pizza and I had the hamburger with swiss cheese and a fried egg. We also split a salad which had spring greens and some pickled red onion strings that were so good along with almonds and what appeared to be home made ranch dressing. Everything was delicious! How lucky are the people who live near this little neighborhood joint.

• Visited February 2014
“Cibo's”
Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

A great little place to go for a quick bite. The salads are really good as are the sandwiches. They make a really good burger too. You can eat in, pick up or they deliver. Cibo's makes a really good pizza too. Zone of my personal favorite steak sandwiches as well.

Charleston, SC
“Best Pizza I have had in years!”
Reviewed 1 March 2013

Ordered a pizza two nights ago and it was the most flavorful, crispy and delicious pizza I have had in many years. I WILL be going back and recommending this place to others. Now I have to get a menu to see what else I can try.
Every person I talked to was very pleasant and helpful.
I had eaten here a while back and it was ok but now it is WOW! I understand it is under new management, so if you've been there before, go back and give it another chance.

• Visited February 2013
tcliff88, Owner at The Hideaway Pizza Kitchen, responded to this review, 2 March 2013
We are so pleased that you enjoyed your pizza. Since purchasing the restaurant in October , we have been working hard to make Cibo's a great neighborhood pizzeria.
Thanks for the kind words!
“Great Stromboli”
Reviewed 10 November 2012

Went there yesterday for a quick bite. Walked in and found a guy eating something, he said it was the Stromboli. I said "hell yeah." Crispy outer shell, all handmade there and then when you order. Waitress was very nice and made sure that I was visited numerous times. Quick real custom lunch. Price was good too.

• Visited November 2012