“Well worth the visit”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Good food at a reasonably price. Great views by the water. Terrific atmosphere. Service is very good. Off the beaten path a bit but worth the short trip.

1  Thank Mike S

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I simply have to visit Bowen’s Island every time that I am in Charleston. This low key gem has reasonable prices, great food and great conversation. Every time that I visit, I meet friendly and personable people. I recommend sitting on the back deck and enjoying an unparalleled view as the boats pass by and dolphin swim in the water. It’s worth the drive. You will not be disappointed!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

All I can rate is the shrimp and it was awful. I ordered the shrimp platter and it was the same frozen shrimp you get at Captain D's; the one inch, curled up with a yucky, mealy batter. Wasn't fit to eat as far as I was concerned. My wife ordered the fried flounder and it looked delicious. She allowed me a couple of bites and it was honestly very good. It could be this is what is prized in the East Coast fish camps, however I'm use to the plump and opulent Gulf shrimp. I did order fried shrimp at another highly rated seafood restaurant and they were more in line with the Gulf shrimp I'm accustomed to. If we're back in the area again and choose to try this place out again, it definitely will not the the shrimp.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

First, I love a place with the local character that serves fresh local food. This place has the "island" feel, and the value is excellent. I was part of a large group, and they knew we were coming. It took a while for the last several plates to come out, but that was to be expected.

The fried shrimp looked excellent, not overly battered. I ordered steamed shrimp because I didn't want a lot of greasy batter. I did try a fried shrimp, and it was delicious. There were a few bones in the fried fish, but it was tasty (whiting). Finally, the crab cakes were good (not great) with a distinct flavor.

I highly recommend. It has inside and outside seating. The platter I ordered claimed it was double the seafood, and I think that was true. Their cocktail sauce was a little thin. They specialize in oysters during the season (local oysters for a limited time only), but I didn't try their oysters. They had an all-you-can-eat option, and one guy had the shells piled up. Go have a fun fresh seafood meal if you like casual dining and fresh fried seafood.

Reviewed 17 May 2018

Ordered the Seafood platter (husband had the Big one) Shrimp is wonderful. Lightly battered and perfect size, cooked beautifully. Fish (I think Whiting) was also delicious. I thought the hushpuppies did not taste fresh, very hard and dense and not the best. Daughter had Steamed shrimp and fish, she said they were also delicious. Generous portions, cooked fresh, reasonably priced. I loved the "basic" fish shack atmosphere and wished I had ordered the fresh oysters!!! Got there about 5:30 and no line!!! Yes I would go back again!!!