“Love the Food; Not for Everyone”
Review of Dixie Supply Bakery & Cafe - CLOSED

Dixie Supply Bakery & Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We return to Dixie Supply Bakery & Cafe each time we are in Charleston. The food keeps drawing us back . . . especially the tomato pie. People line up to order and eat there. However, you will eat at small tables, either outside or in where many are in line ordering -- people are almost on top of you. But, if you like great creamy grits; crispy bacon; well-prepared food, this is a must. This is not only a breakfast place, the shrimp and grits, for example, are as good as it gets. Give it a try, but be prepared for the crowds and limited eating space. Although you can use a credit card to pay for orders over $10, they really prefer you to use cash. The sign says it's in order to keep prices as low as possible, which are already not cheap. Still, no food in that part of Charleston is really inexpensive.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

The food here was really good. I tried the Shrimp and grits and it was out of this world. The best shrimp and grits I have ever eaten. We had 3 different dishes and they were all wonderful. The place is small and there are not very many tables. They have take out and the few tables inside and outside. The services is minimal but the food is wonderful.

Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

We got there and there was no bathroom in there.We had to go next door to the gas station.The staff were not friendly!!The prices were outrageous.One shrimp BLT was $13 no drink or side!!The sandwich was divine,everything was fresh and the sandwich was ready in 5 minutes.If they got a new location and new staff,that place would be amazing.Still recommend trying it!

1  Thank hb004
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I can't say that I really understand all of the glowing reviews. On the plus side the food tasted good, but I think $20 for 6 shrimp on a blt with fries and a sweet tea was nuts. The woman at the counter was indifferent at best, and the place was tiny, run down and dirty looking. Eating here proved to me that just because a place ends up on triple D, doesn't mean it's worth the trip. Keep looking... you can do better.

1  Thank onlysteve
Reviewed 30 April 2014

While I had a good biscuit and gravy breakfast at Dixie, I found the restaurant way overrated. The woman at the counter was not very friendly and I found the place rather run down. I ate outside, which is basically in a parking lot with no interesting views and lots of street noise. I recommend going elsewhere for breakfast.

1  Thank trvladdict