“Big Disapointment”

Dining options: Dinner, Seating
Charleston
“Big Disapointment”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2009

We went last Friday night after driving past several times. The dining room was smoky as they had the door open between the bar and restaurant becuase the heat was out. The wait staff was unhappy they were working without heat and the food was lackluster. I wish we would have gone across the street to Easterby's. Better food and prices. Every place has system problems, but close the place for the night rather than alienate your customers.

savannah, ga
“Total rip off!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2009

This restaurant is TERRIBLE. Do not go here. I went here with a couple of family members for Mother's Day and it was just awful. The prices were about $20 per dish, and it was some of the worst food I've had. They're supposed 'local' seafood tasted far from fresh, and just a small dish of spaghetti with tomato sauce was a whopping $12. The service was mediocre, but the food was not worth half of what it cost.

Total rip off!!! Don't do it!

New Bern
“Liars, cheaters and false advertisers”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2008

I have been to this place 3 times. My first 2 experiences were very nice. I enjoyed the food and had the same waitress both times, who was great. The last time I went I had a coupon for buy one get one free. I wanted to order for take out, they told me I couldn't, so I went to sit down and they told me there had to be 2 people to use the coupon. I searched this coupon, nowhere does it state you have to dine in, nor does it say there has to be 2 or more people. There isn't even the wording "some conditions apply" anywhere on this coupon. Because of the way I was treated I will never go back and I will spread around bad news about this place. If they had of let me take out, they would have saved a table and a customer...too bad for them!

Charleston, SC
“Great place if you like Italian food and karaoke”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2008

I went to Penachio's a few weeks ago because I was looking for a place to do karaoke on a saturday night. I returned last night, not only to do karaoke but, to have dinner with friends. I ordered the Veal Parmesian ($19) which was very good. The restaurant has a very good atmosphere and it also has an attached bar where they do karaoke on saturday nights. The staff is very friendly and the food is reasonably priced. Definitely a must visit place for anyone coming to Charleston.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Really hit and miss on this one. They need to get an Italian in to help out.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2007

Really hit and miss on this one. They need to get an Italian in to help out.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook