“Love this place! Excellent sushi, perfect service!”

Wasabi Japanese Steak House
Ranked #550 of 945 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 23 November 2013

We've enjoyed amazing sushi here several times, and it is always just perfect! My favorite is the Sumarashi roll, miso soup, and salad with ginger dressing. My son and husband really like the Buddha Belly, and some others (unsure of names.) The service is second to none - very prompt and friendly. I always look forward to dining here!

Reviewed 10 June 2013

When your in Charleston, SC, you always wanna find a great seafood restaurant, and maybe some good barbecue. Who knew about Wasabi?

Stumbled along this place after wrapping up some business in town one day to grab a bite and a drink. The bartender, Carlos, was welcoming and inviting, knowledgeable about the menus. He was so much fun, the next three nights, I keep coming back to see him with more and more of my coworkers.

Did not dine off of the full menu, but the appetizers were fantastic and at a great price. The tuna carpaccio was one of the best I had ever had in my life. It was so good we ordered a second! Be sure to ask about saki-bomb specials :)

Had a blast!

Reviewed 22 May 2013

I am a huge fan of sushi and Wasabi is my favorite downtown destination for it! The fish always tastes fresh and I've never received sub-par service. The only downside to dining here is that the dining room is oftentimes empty. I suppose this is due to the odd location of the restaurant. It does not have any visibility from the busy tourist areas. However, my friends and I are happy to be the first ones there if it means munching on delicious food at reasonable prices.

Reviewed 3 May 2013

We came here for Sushi. As we walked in we were greeted with a basic white decor that was impressive. The staff was friendly, efficient and helpful. We ordered the Sushi Boat for Two. There was a good assortment of sushi and sashimi with the usual tuna, snapper, shrimp, etc and a large roll. The wasabi was hot and to our liking. All was fresh. I didn't count the items but there was so much that my wife and I could not finish it. We asked for our sashimi to be sliced thin but it came thicker that we prefer but it was fresh and high quality and we readily ate it. All in all a great sushi experience.

Reviewed 12 February 2013 via mobile

My wife and I went to Wasabi this past weekend. We got there at 645 for dinner and were worried we had made a mistake because we were literally the only people in the place. However, I guess this place is more for the younger late night crowd because it started filling up while we were there. The service was good and so was the good. I had steak and chicken and except for the steak being a little tough it tasted great. My wife had chicken and shrimp and the shrimp was a little over cooked too. However, we both agrees the vegetables and chicken were very good. Since we got there before 7 we received an early bird discount we didn't even know about and this saved us $7. Would recommend you give it a try.