“Authentic Fresh Greek Food- Great Prices and Service”
Review of Olympik Deli

Olympik Deli
Ranked #398 of 938 Restaurants in Charleston
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

Visited Olympik with my parents and we were all impressed with our food. Check out the pictures.

Ordered the Dolma, Greek lemon soup, Chicken kebab with green beans, Moussaka with green beans, and Spanikopita and Greek salad.
They had a wide selection of Mediterranean desserts and a few cakes which looked great but we were stuffed.

All of this and a cup of hot tea was under $50. Incredible prices for authentic, fresh, wholesome food! We were greeted by the owner upon arrival and our service was amazing- the waitress really took care of us, answered questions and promptly refilled water, brought boxes etc.

Will definitely visit again when in Charleston, and recommend to friends and family.

2  Thank kellynrk

Reviewed 12 January 2014

This is a place where locals go for authentic, high quality Greek food. The owner is on site and greets and checks on diners personally. It is a little hard to find, but worth the effort.

1  Thank Samuel B
Reviewed 29 December 2013

I have been to this restaurant many times and have always enjoyed the food. We have followed them to their new location down the street from the original. New address 1662 Savannah Hwy Unit 120. I ordered the 1/4 Greek (boneless, skinless, white meat) chicken platter with the grilled vegetables. Very, very good. The other guest ordered Gyro with lamb and grilled vegetables. He too was happy with his meal. We left with the wonderful Greek taste still there as it is very flavorful.

Even with the good review of the food, I have to mention that we sat at the first booth to the right when you came in the door. Booth sits very low as if they need more support. I had to either sit on my foot to bring myself up which isn't a good way to eat a meal in a restaurant or just have my arms not easily reaching to the table top. I am not a short person, 5' 4" but felt uncomfortable at the booth. The waitress did offer to move us to table but the they are tiny. She also did say others had also said the cushions at the booths sat too low for another woman who mentioned it. That being said, there was one more thing I thought really needed addressing.

They do not have pictures on the walls as with the last location they had for years. They have electronic picture frames on the wall at each booth that are constantly changing pictures. Not pleasing to me or other guest. We just didn't think it was warm and friendly and the pictures that showed were not in theme of restaurant. Odd really. Also, the electronic picture frame was very dirty with finger smudges all over it. With that it had me look at the table top with was covered with a thick piece of glass. That too was streaky as it looked as if the clothe that cleaned it was dirty When you have big windows at front of restaurant you have to make sure you staff cleans well.

With all that said, I really do enjoy the food here and will return.

Reviewed 17 October 2013

My husband and I are regular customers at the Olympic had very positive experiences here in the past 7 years with the Greek chicken, potatoes, Gyro plates and Slouvaki platter, we were expecting a delicious meal. We followed them from their stand alone restaurant on Savannah Hwy over to the strip mall.

So on 10/16/13 we decided to try something different on the menu. We were hungry and were looking forward to what we expected to be a satisfying meal. We ordered beef shishkabob. I have eaten many delicous kebabs in different restaurants and was looking forward to it. What a monumental fail.

The beef was not cut in cubes rather sit was sliced, dry, tough, overcooked tastesless slices of beef on a bed of flavorless saffron rice and a few pieces of onion and peppers. It was the worst meal I have ever had.

Had this been my first experience at the Olympic Deli I would not return. Truth be told I should have sent it back to the kitchen immediately. I left hungry with a half plate of uneaten food. And I did express my disappointment to the server. She took a dollar off the price to compensate.

I will return, but not for the beef shishkabob. If you go have the Greek salad, lemon soup, chicken, greek potatoes, gyro or slouvaki. They are seasoned and tasty dishes.

Reviewed 28 August 2013

Interior not much to look at, but it was clean..waitstaff friendly..and food is great..my also loved it..