“Great Vegan options”
Review of Black Bean Co - CLOSED

Black Bean Co
Reviewed 23 February 2014

My husband and I were visiting Charleston last week and it was great to have a restaurant with lots of vegan options. I had the Mega Veggie Wrap and the Green Festival Wrap. My husband had the California Veggie Gyro and the Baja Goodness Gyro with tofu. I wish we had a Black Bean Co. in my hometown. Also, if you are in the mood for an awesome cookie, try one of their chocolate chuck cookies - DELICIOUS!

Reviewed 16 February 2014

We had high hopes for this restaurant, which touts its fresh, locally grown ingredients. But we were so disappointed. We stopped in for a light dinner on our way out of town. I had the Green Fest vegan wrap and my husband had the chipotle pork tacos. My wrap was fresh but completely devoid of any flavor. I asked for some sauce to perk it up and I got a cup of chipotle sauce that was just mayo with some seasonings (and not much of them). The side of couscous was the driest stuff I've ever had. Good flavor but it was like eating sand. My husband's tacos were flavorful but very spicy. I wish the lady who took our order had warned us. His side of black beans and rice consisted of about a quarter cup of beans over a full cup of rice. It, too, was very dry and flavorless. I think this restaurant has a great idea but needs to work on it still.

Reviewed 7 February 2014

We were recently spending a three day weekend in charleston while fasting meat and sweets for religious reasons. Had a terrible time finding something vegetarian and good to eat in Charleston and passed this place and decided to try it. Food was really good. I had the green Beach Burrito and side of there house Greek yogurt, hubby had the portobello wrap and cous cous. I was glad to find they had sweet tea too! Lol. Food was fresh and great tasting. Side portions were small is my only complaint. Hubby saiid the Dijon mayo was spicy. Sweet tea was good and staff was very nice.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

While visiting Charleston, we looked for a vegan breakfast place which is always a challenge. Black Bean Co was the perfect solution. The first day we had the oatmeal and the tofu scramble. Both were excellent and allowed us to go back the next day for the vegan pancake. Atmosphere is clean, airy and inviting. I wish I had a Black Bean Co in AZ.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

The 'Rents are vegan so we stopped here for a quick bite. I got the southwestern chicken wrap with broccoli salad. It was very good! The only thing that would have made it better was if I asked for extra corn and dressing. The broccoli salad was divine!