“Somewhat disappointing”

Slightly North of Broad
Reserve with OpenTable
Slightly North of Broad is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 951 Restaurants in Charleston
Price range: US$15 - US$40
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Faber Street
Description: Slightly North of Broad is a Lowcountry bistro that brings together an abundance of local ingredients and thoughtful, expert presentation with a friendly, contagious energy. Here the dining room is a natural extension of the kitchen, a place where culinary skill, a clever, considered wine program, warm service, and conversations meld together. Our local farmers, fishermen and producers are as integral to the food we make as they are to our place in this community.
Reviewed 29 November 2013

Ate here for lunch. My wife had the scallops with vegetables which we both liked. I had the shrimp and grits. Perhaps it's my "yankee" tastebuds but I just didn't understand why others have raved about this dish. I found it to be bland.

Service was good. This place can get loud.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,525)

Reviewed 29 November 2013

My fav and most reasonable restaurant in Charleston! Ambiance is beautiful, wait staff attentive and the location makes it about as good (or better) option than most. There are other great restaurants all within a block which helps when it's too long a wait (which is often the case, I'm guessing).

Reviewed 27 November 2013

Great bartenders and clever cocktails are the perfect start to your evening. They have marvelous small and medium plates so there is something for every appetite. Ahhhmazing beef carpaccio was the best we've had. Sashimi tuna... specified "Black and Blue" was perfect topped with oysters. The specialty martini came with local pimento cheese stuffed olives...yumm-oh and the "Charleston" specialty drink was not too sweet: just right.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

Visited for a long weekend. This restaurant was recommended by a colleague of mine. We had lunch here on our last day - it was the best lunch we had in Charleston! My wife had a special (triggerfish) while I had the tuna (rare). Both were excellent! I also had a bowl of cream of broccoli soup, which was quite tasty. It's certainly a popular place for lunch - we arrived at 11:45 for our reservation and there were a few patrons but by the time we left around 1 pm, it was packed with a wait. Would definitely like to try their dinner menu on a return trip to Charleston. Service was excellent. It was neat to be able to peer over into the open kitchen and watch the chefs cook.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

Went tonite with wife, 2nd time to eat here. Very dissatisfied with meal. Shrimp and grits weren't too bad, but my wife's BBQ Tuna left a lot to be desired. Wasn't cook right or a different quality tuna but didn't taste right. Service tho was excellent.

1  Thank Mitty4920