“Comfortable and cute!”

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Meeting & King
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Loved eating here. Had a great table-inside-at the back of the dining room with a nice view. The food was awesome: Great crab cakes, yummy biscuits, great fried chicken! Our server was terrific!

There are newer reviews for Poogan's Porch

Reviewed 18 June 2014

This restaurant was very close to the hotel I was staying in in Charleston. In fact, I could see it from my window, so I thought I would check it out. it was great. The building is, I suppose, a former house, and so there are several rooms to dine in, as well as outside dining in the front and a porch on the second floor. I sat on the upstairs porch for dinner one night, and it was delightful. Fantastic service and excellent food!

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Allows our dog, small portions. Crab cake was good. Chicken and dumplings okay. Had to wait for a porch table, no proble,. Service was very good.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Had dinner with my wife. We both had the Pan seared scallops which were incredible. Our waitress, Rosa, had been at Poogans for more than 25 years. She was a delight. This is a must do in Charleston.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

We took a trip to Charleston from Myrtle Beach one day and tried this little charming restaurant. A friend of mine recommended it. It was so hot that day, I had very little appetite, so I ordered lighter than my husband. He got the southern fried chicken, mashed potatoes, greens..I had fried green tomatoes,which were AWESOME and a salad with chicken on top. My husbands plate was VERY good..home cooked was no question here...good stuff!