“Delicious!!!”

Roadside Seafood
Ranked #121 of 980 Restaurants in Charleston
Price range: US$10 - US$22
Neighbourhood: James Island
Description: Roadside Seafood is a casual seafood restaurant. We started in 2012 as a mobile food truck. As our popularity grew, so did our demand. So we opened doors to our family owned restaurant in April 2014. We serve fresh seafood the way you want it. When it comes to the normal sea fare like oysters, shrimp, and crab cakes, we've got you covered. However we also have unique menu options like shark, frog legs and gator tail! We were picked by Charleston Magazine's Food & Beverage issue as the Best She-Crab Soup along with Best Down Home Seafood 2014. We have also been named as the No. 2 Best Fried Shrimp Spot in Charleston, by the Charleston City Paper! So c'mon and see why we claim to have the "Best BAM Seafood in Charleston"!!!
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Where do I even begin, was absolutely delicious. We had the crab cake bites for an app and they were to die for. The calm strips were as long as chicken tenders and tasted amazing. We also got the gator tail and shark nuggets which were just as good. The fried shrimp was also great. Definitely a must to go too. We also talked to the owner before we left. Nice and friendly staff, bit of a wait but worth it!!! (Crab cakes bites, gator tail, clam strips, and shark nuggets are the order of the pictures.)

Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

I am not a complainer but I didn't like this place at all. I got the crab cake sandwich. The crab cakes were soggy and had a fishy taste. Hubs got the regular size flounder plate. It was 1 small piece of fish and and a few onion rings. The onion rings we're pretty good, not the best. We got 2 trips in 1 to this place, the 1st and the last.

2  Thank Merina S
Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

This place was awesome. Everyone was so friendly and welcoming, they really make you feel like friends. I was dressed in my beach attire but I didn’t feel out of place. The food was delicious -I had the fried shrimp, whiting,red rice and macaroni and cheese. I was raving the whole meal about how good it was. My favorite was the shrimp. Perfect food after a day at the beach!

1  Thank Greengirl87
Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

As locals, Roadside is one of our favorites! Great shrimp and fish tacos, calamari and fried green tomatoes! It has a small dining area, so you sit pretty close to other patrons, but you get to meet some nice people!

1  Thank viandskl
Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

The service in this place is REALLY good. The food took a little bit to come out but it was worth the wait. The menu is outdated with stuff they don't have anymore so make sure you ask before being disappointed.

1  Thank vaneOrantrs