“Excellent find!”

10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Excellent find!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

This is a lovely used bookstore right on King Street. The young man behind the counter was very personable and knowledgeable. Nice selection of books!

Visited July 2014

Charleston, South Carolina
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Unexpectedly enjoyable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

I had finished lunch and was walking around when I noticed this bookstore. I didn't think much of it at first but after entering I realized this is a true Charleston landmark. They have a section dedicated to the new self published local folks as well as more traditional books both new and old. I walked in for the heck of it and and ended up spending $50. If you're looking for a laid back atmosphere in a book store, this is your place. Will I be back, of course.

Visited June 2014
Florida
56 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Shopped here and won't be back”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

As an avid reader, I try to check out independent bookstores when I travel.
Sure, I could get better prices via Amazon or Barnes and Noble but I believe to have indie bookstores to both thrive and survive you need to buy from them. Well, the owners made no offers or suggestions when I asked about recommendations for local authors. Also, when checking out (yup still bought a book) the cashier was more involved with a private conversation than ringing me up. This store may be touted in some guidebooks but I was quite disappointed by the lack of customer service. Having gone to Malaprops in NC, the Strand in NYC, Vroman's in Pasadena and Haslam's in St. Pete Fl ( to name a few) and experienced their high quality of service, this was a let down.

Visited May 2013