“Three sisters LOVED our Two sisters tour!”

Two Sisters Historic Walking Tours
Ranked #2 of 230 Tours in Charleston
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience the charm of Charleston in a two hour walking tour with genuine local flavor. Join native Charlestonian sisters Mary Helen Dantzler and Therese Smythe, whose family dates from 1793, as you stroll through Charleston's most beautiful streets and scenic alleyways.
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Always a sucker for the guided tour, my sisters and I arranged a Two Sisters Tour with Mary Helen. It was a wonderful experience. Is there anything about Charleston Mary Helen doesn't know? History, gardens, social life, where to eat? What one must see all will be revealed.

You must book this tour even if you think you know Charleston already. You will learn more than you anticipated and the tour will wet your appetite for more Charleston. It was so much fun.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

If you miss this tour, you'll miss the best of Charleston. Our daughter encouraged us to call Two Sisters Tours after she and her friends were led on an exploration of this historic city last summer by Mary Helen. What an enlightening experience! -- as we strolled narrow cobblestone streets, Mary Helen's stories exposed the history of the charming homes, buildings and parks. We plan to go back for the next chapter.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Therese gave us a walking tour of the historic area. As an amateur architectural historian, I was interested in learning more about the famous houses and streets that make up this unique and special place. Therese not only exceeded my expectations with her knowledge of 18th and 19th century architecture and decorative arts, but also told captivating stories of the neighborhoods and people that lived in them so that the mystique of Charleston came alive. Unlike most tour guides, she actually grew up and was a guest in many of the famous homes on the tour. Her charismatic and humorous insight into the historical fabric of Charleston really blew me away! She is the real "Southern Charm!"

Reviewed 27 May 2014

My friends and I stumbled on this tour after others were sold out, we are so lucky that we did. The whole experience was amazing. Mary Helen is a treasure trove of information about historic Charleston and she gives you an insider's perspective of the city with sweet humor and dry wit. She has the perspective of someone who grew up in Charleston, and knew what the city was like before it became such a tourist destination. After our tour finished she gave us several dining and site recommendations. Would absolutely recommend and would take a tour from her again in the future.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Mary Helen took us on a tour of downtown Charleston and hit everything we wanted to see in the perfect amount of time! I had no prior knowledge of the city, and she impressed us with her knowledge of the history, geography, and culture of the region. Incredibly hospitable, engaging, and thoughtful tour - I would recommend to anyone!

1  Thank Matthew P