“Nice quiet and clean”

Ranked #54 of 60 Hotels in Charleston
charlotte nc
“Nice quiet and clean”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2012

This is a very clean,quiet hotel. The staff are very freindly,helpful and knowledgeable.Its a little off the beaten path from downtown but still close enough.And the hot breakfast is as others are you can find something to apease those hunger pains eggs,sausage,cereal and waffles.

Room Tip: 2nd floor rooms are a little more cozy less traffic from the indoor pool.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Lugoff, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2012

From the time we were welcomed by the staff, to the time we checked out it was a great experience. Our Room was exceptionally clean, and neat, even smelled clean and pleasing.
If I could say anything negative at all, would be the pillows were small, and lumpy, thats about all I could say negative about this place, it will be first on our list of places to stay upon our return.
We were here for a wedding and I understand there were others who found their stay not as satisfying, but you could find things problems if you stayed in the white house also.
As expected from being in a pet friendly hotel, there was some barking heard in the halls periodically. there was one room somewhere below us on the first floor that the dogs seemed to bark non-stop I don't blame the dogs I blame the owners of the pets.
The staff was very accomidating I had a trailer behind my truck and they allowed me to park out front due to taking up too much room and they were at full occupancy, again very great, courteousy, and friendly staff.

2 Thank cgnel4
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2012

My husband and I stayed here for a friends wedding. The staff was very accommodating and friendly. This was our first stay with our pet at a hotel and I must say the staff was just as friendly to her as well. Very nice place to stay with pets.

• Stayed June 2012
Lugoff
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2012

This room was booked the beginning of the year for my niece's wedding. We stayed here because it was a pet friendly hotel. When we arrived, we were given a room on the first floor right by the back door so every time someone came in and out, the door slammed and my dogs would bark. When we returned from dinner, the front desk person, Tommy Jefferson, called and stated that he had to move 2 guests because they complained about my dogs. I told him that I paid extra for my dogs to stay here. He said it did not matter because if he called the general manager, she would make us leave because it was costing them money if people were not satisfied. I told him I did not have a problem packing my things and leaving because as far as I could see it, they were not a pet friendly hotel and that was false advertising. I could have complained about the roach in our room, the toilet did not flush, nor was it clean and the door slamming all hours of the night, the people above us showering and flushing the toilet but I didn't because it was a hotel. Mr. Jefferson was as rude as he could be but I understand why because the general manager was just as rude so I guess that is how they train their employees. This hotel made over $2000.00 alone just on the wedding party, family and guests that traveled for the wedding. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone who loves their pets as their own family, nor would I stay in Hawthorne by Wyndham anywhere, not just Charleston.

Room Tip: Make sure the hotel stands behind it's "pet friendly" hotel. This one did not.
Warren, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2012

We stayed at this hotel for two days while on vacation to Charleston. First, the room they put us in the toilet did not work. They then moved us to another room. Everything seemed ok after that until I went to use one of my cards while on vacation and it was declined. I reserved the hotel with one card and I bought discount tickets to the aquarium thru the hotel on another card. The hotel ended up charging both cards for the room(double charging). First the hotel denied charging both cards but after I contacted the card company and verifying they double charged me the manager did find that they did charge me twice for our stay. They ruined our vacation because this error caused a hold to be placed on the card.

Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

1 Thank Michael C
TUSCALOOSA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2012

We were in town for a family wedding and had many family members from all over the US booked at this hotel, different ones staying anywhere from 2-5 days. We LOVED it. Staff was great, friendly, and accommodating to our large group. We were allowed to use the meeting room and breakfast room at night so our family could visit. Breakfast was fine and there was plenty every morning. Only had a couple of small complaints - once we didn't get enough clean towels/washcloths when rooms were serviced, but the front desk provided anything that was missed. It is a pet-friendly hotel (a plus for some family), and we didn't have any problems with others being irresponsible with their pets, whether from noise or cleanliness. The pet walk outside was kept clean, baggies provided, and common areas were clean. Location was central to our venues and pricing good, especially for multiple nights. Special thanks to Tommy and Jessica!

Room Tip: ask for one not near stairs, elevator or vending if you want extra quiet, but the sleeping quarters...
1 Thank CS J
North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2012

I stayed at this hotel with my family,we thought we were getting a great deal with the stay and location,we went to eat breakfast the maintenance guy sat in there with the guest for 30 mins.after we wt to the desk to let the front desk know our room air conditioner was not working,YOU would think he was a guest!Where they do that at? The room next to ours had a dog that barked all night long,we were not compensated for loosing sleep at all,the manager NEVER called back,the hotel is ok the furniture does not match,they have paper thin mattress pads and the curtains were nasty.For the price of $169 who knew this was a MOTEL 6?

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family