“Great disappointment”
Review of Oak Steakhouse

Oak Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Oak Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #44 of 910 Restaurants in Charleston
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Charlestowne
Cross street: State Street
Gainesville, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great disappointment”
Reviewed 2 November 2013

It took forever to get our meal. I had a small sliced tenderloin with a good flavor, but it had some gristle in it. It came with a side
of mashed potatoes (specially requested) for around $25.

My husband spent $39 for a tiny charred filet which couldn't have been over 3 inches in diameter. It sat in the middle of a large white plate with a half of a tomato. The other sides which contained enough for 2 people were $8 and $9.

This experience was especially disappointing as it was our last night in Charleston, and we wanted it to be special. We would not return to this restaurant.

• Visited October 2013

Atlanta, Georgia, USA
“Not a happy customer”
Reviewed 15 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

I called to order a bottle of wine for my fiance's bachelor party's table. They ignored my request for a certain bottle and instead charged me for one that was $20 more expensive. Luckily I used my Amex and they were able to credit my statement and work it out with the restaurant.

Visited September 2013
Florida
“Great Steak”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

The food was excellent, but if you make reservations be sure to ask them to put you on the 2nd or 3rd floor. This is a very pricey steakhouse and the 1st floor has all the ambiance and noise of a sports bar on a Sunday. The steaks were excellently prepared, the deserts which I usually skip are excellent. I don't like chocolate cake myself, but my wife had the chocolate cake and she thought it was incredible.

Visited August 2013
Charleston, South Carolina
“Good, but not Great”
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Stopped here after an art walk and were lucky enough to get a table. I had a salad that was just so-so, just not much flavor. My second dish was much better. My friends were happy with their steaks, but unhappy with the lobster add-on. At first our waiter took it upon himself to decide what choices I had with my food allergy until I asked him to check with the chef. Good thing I did. I was not greatly disappointed, but no need for me to go back. Also, it was very loud.

• Visited October 2013
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Best date of my life!”
Reviewed 5 October 2013

While in town for a food show we hopped in a cab down town and asked the driver to take us somewhere nice with a great steak. She dropped us here where we had the BEST service, BEST food, BEST date ever. There are so many trendy spots in Charleston to visit, making it hard to chose where to go. This place had it all. First floor is a laid back bar atmosphere. After a cocktail we were seated upstairs in the dining room where we were able to look down at the bar area, but were seated with perfect privacy. I wish I remembered our servers name. He was out standing! My visit here was several years ago but was unforgettable. We each had fillets that were perfectly cooked, and we couldn't decide on what toppings/sauces/preparation we wanted, so he brought us a plate with ALL OF THEM! yum! If you want a great date night and are willing to spend a money for it check out Oak!

• Visited November 2012