“Pleasant Surprise”

Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Meeting
Transit: Charleston City Marina Transit, the Downtown Trolley, and the Charleston Harbor Resort Trolley all drop off in front of restaurant.
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We booked the restaurant the evening we arrived in Charleston. There were ten in our family group...teens to grandparents. The menu was diverse and interesting with a southern flare. Food, service and ambiance was great. All members of the family enjoyed the evening and we would all go back again.

1  Thank Jack M

Reviewed 22 May 2014

Mercato has officially closed and has been transformed into the french cafe, Brasserie Gigi. Check it out! Has a very cool bar with appetizers and cocktails, excellent wine list, great food, excellent service! A nice addition to Market Street!

2  Thank CommanderDemanda
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I just discovered via Charleston's newspaper "Post & Courier" that Mercato had closed it doors in January 2014. However, they just reviewed the new French bistro that opened in it's place called Brasserie Gigi. It opened on April 1, 2014 to very good reviews, and I can't wait to check it out!

1  Thank Karen R
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Highly recommended by a coworker and was disappointed it had closed but when I tried the website it come up with a completely different restaurant.

1  Thank Ghmagnus
Reviewed 24 March 2014

We had great service and a fun dinner at Mercato. I wasn't sure about having Italian food in Charleston, but the food was really well prepared. They also had a superb wine list. We split some appetizers, including a pizza and some calamari and then I had the gnocci for my entree. I loved Mercato and would definitely go there again!