“Great place”

King Charles Inn
Ranked #19 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay a lot. Never took the car, since their location cannot be better. Beautiful rooms well priced. Spoiler alert: undergoing big construction right besides them. Expect noise for a year. Now, blah to complete 200 characters.

Stayed: June 2014
4  Thank nicobalma
KCIGM, General Manager at King Charles Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Thanks so much for the wonderful compliments! We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Reviewed 25 June 2014

This was a very nice hotel for a one night stay while visiting the south. Parking on site included with your stay, great central location and a nice happy hour with half price drinks and complimentary cheese board. Rooms were very clean but quite small, not an issue for us since we were there just for one night and did not spend much time in the room during the day. There is a construction going on next door, but did not affect us since our stay was over the weekend. Very friendly staff, they offered us umbrellas since it was raining. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

3  Thank atneba

I am happy to hear the King Charles Inn was just what your were looking for! 'm glad you enjoyed our great downtown location and helpful staff! Thank you again!

Reviewed 24 June 2014

We came here to Charleston for our elopement . The staff here is exceptional . David & kathleen at the front desk. Ryan, Kenneth , Paris & Cindy at the brew pub. The houskeeping staff & bellmen all truly wonderful . Ronnie was great .I am just sorry I can not remember each & every person who made our stay so specail. Rooms were spacious & spotless Having brew pub on premises was terrific as well . Location can't be beat ! Free parking is just an added bonus , a big deal if you know Charleston . We are looking forward to staying here again on our next trip to Charleston .

2  Thank Lisa H

Thank you for the five star review! I cannot thank you enough for sharing your awesome comments with others! I really do have a special team of employees who honestly care about our guests and love to exceed expectations!

Reviewed 22 June 2014

My husband and I absolutely love it here! This is one of the best places to stay in Charleston! The staff, rooms and service are absolutely wonderful. The rooms are always clean and perfect. The staff go above and beyond to make sure that you are happy! Location is also perfect! I couldn't ask for a better place to stay in Charleston! I highly recommend this place to everyone who is planning on visiting Charleston!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Michelle807

Thank you for the kind review of the King Charles Inn! First off, I appreciate your loyalty as this is priceless and means a lot to us! Secondly, when I read this review I realize how lucky I am to have such a great team! We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Located conveniently on Meeting Street this Inn offers old Charleston charm. The rooms are lovely, very clean, comfortable and quiet. You can enjoy breakfast in the hotel at the Brew, take a swim in the outdoor pool or step out the front door and be w/in walking distance to most anything you want to do in central Charleston. You will be delighted by the close proximity to the historic district and the old City Market. Treat yourself ... when in Charleston stay at the King Charles and live the charmed life of old Charleston.
Plus there is FREE off-street parking!

Room Tip: Had a room on the 2nd floor on the Hasell Street side ... it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jean361

I am just thrilled to read your review and hear you had a fabulous time in Charleston! Thank you for choosing the King Charles Inn!

Reviewed 20 June 2014

I cannot say enough about the King Charles Inn. The rooms are clean. Comfortable bed and pillows. Very spacious bathroom and awesome thick towels. Location is perfect as you can park free in their parking garage and walk to the market, waterfront, restaurants, clubs, Rainbow Row and Battery Park. If you don't want to walk, the trolley pick up is right across the street. Very friendly and helpful staff. We loved Happy hour by the pool and meeting the Manager and Assistant Manager (never had that experience before when lodging). I am probably leaving some things out, but this is a must stay when in the area. Stayed here 2 times and looking forward to coming back.
The Mussers (Lanc, PA)

1  Thank LancasterDM
KCIGM, General Manager at King Charles Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

It was a pleasure meeting you! The Evening Reception is my favorite part of the day! It allows me to mingle with the guests, assist with tour and restaurants and solicit feedback about the hotel! Thank you for allowing us to serve you!

Reviewed 19 June 2014

We were very pleased with both the location of the King Charles and the quality of our experience. Our third floor room faced a quiet side street, so construction noise not a problem. We had a queen room and the bed was covered with lovely pillows and linens, but the room was teeny tiny - just barely enough room to walk around the bed. The room was furnished nicely so you felt kind of tucked up in an attic room somewhere, although I noticed the King rooms were quite roomy. The room safe is enormous, you can actually fit a full laptop plus lots of other stuff inside. There's free parking - awesome, you're a stroll away from shops, restaurants, the market and the park, and the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The pool is a nice little dip pool and we had a relaxing breakfast in the poolside patio area lulled by a splashing fountain. I must agree with the comment that the common areas were FREEZING - I could barely walk through them let alone sit and relax in one of the nicely appointed conversation areas. We are not polar bears - we get sick when the air is ridiculously cold! Other than that...a lovely stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Kathy D
KCIGM, General Manager at King Charles Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Thank you for the lovely compliments! I will certainly follow-up on your hallway comment with my Chief Engineer. I appreciate your feedback. Have a great day and we hope to see you again in the near future!