“Looking forward to going back”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of King Charles Inn

King Charles Inn
Ranked #17 of 60 Hotels in Charleston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Boston, Massachusetts
“Looking forward to going back”
Reviewed 18 May 2010

What a wonderful find. The staff was so wonderful, and they all would help you outside of their assigned positions, real team players. The manager even offered to drive us somewhere rather than us having to pay for a cab. Happy hour was a great opportunity to mingle with the manager, and the guests. The room was lovely and very clean.
It was great to walk out the door and explore. We didn't use our car for three days. The staff would make arrangements for our tours and great restaurants.
Would highly recommend this hotel.

1 Thank foxborotravelers
KingCharlesGM, General Manager at King Charles Inn, responded to this review, 19 May 2010
WOW! What a wonderful review! Thank you again for the nice comments regarding the King Charles Inn! I am so thrilled your enjoyed your stay and we were able to assist you in making it successful! We hope to see you again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (393)
Indiana
Reviewed 17 May 2010

Currently staying in the most expensive suite available and two housekeeping problems in two days. The first day we checked in we went to the room only to find it not cleaned. We had to drop luggage and go out to wait for room to be cleaned. The next day we go out for the day returning at 4pm only to find that the room had not been cleaned. Tomorrow, we are here for our third day so hold your breathe on whether the room is cleaned. Front desk informed about both non-cleaning problems. Not a way to run any housing establishment.

1 Thank Indianahlc
Thank you for your feedback. Unfortunately, when you post on TripAdvisor your comments are posted a day later. I called your room today but you had already checked out. I am sorry I missed you and will try your home telephone. I am not only disappointed but embarrased regarding your comment. I will follow-up with the Housekeeping Manager and her team. Once again, I do apologize.
London
Reviewed 17 May 2010

This is a nice hotel, but I don't think it deserves to be in the same postcode as some of the praise on here.

We all know Tripadvisor users are the smartest, wisest and best-looking people you'll ever meet, but I booked this hotel on the strength of its rating here - and was a bit disappointed.

Plus points include the free parking, but this, we were told, means you have to pay for breakfast. Twisted logic I thought. The staff were very helpful, particularly the lovely Cat/Kat on reception.

However, access to our room was available via a lift in a dark corner of the hotel car park. The top-floor room overlooked the same car park. There's a balcony that you can enjoy this metallic vista on, but you share it with everyone on your level - and we couldn't get on it. The fridge in our room buzzed so loudly I had to unplug it in the dead of night.

Pleasant, clean hotel, but at the price of £110/$160+ a night, hardly outstanding.

1 Thank londonjams
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. I appreciate your feedback. Thank you also for the kind mention of Cat our Front Desk Associate! I also apologize for the refrigerator humming, I will have Maintenance repair at once. Thank you and have a great day!
Brunswick, ME
Reviewed 17 May 2010

Bengiena was especially kind and accomodating to our needs for our young children.
I can't think of anything negative about our stay at the King Charles Inn for 3 nights. Everything was perfect.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
Thank you so much for the wonderful compliment about Bengiena! I will certainly commend her at our next All Employee Meeting in front of her peers! The King Charles Inn employees take such great pride in the hotel! Thank you again!
Festus, Missouri
Reviewed 16 May 2010

My husband and I only had 1 night to stay in Charleston and wanted something nice but didn't want to spend a fortune. I booked a room at another hotel but got an email from the King Charles Inn that offered some freebies and decided to take it. I cancelled the other hotel and booked this hotel and glad we did. It was very clean, and the staff were very friendly. The valet, an older gentleman whose name I cannot remember, was very nice with good recommendations. We were offered a choice of 3 freebies and took the carriage tour which we really enjoyed. The parking was free and they allowed us to park before our room was available. Also included was a nice breakfast the next morning. It probably wasn't as nice as the original hotel but with the free offers we saved about $70 which made the stay VERY reasonable...a good value for the money. The rooms were roomy, bathrooms were beautiful and recently done. Our view was of the parking garage but we weren't in the room much anyway so that was ok.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
KingCharlesGM, General Manager at King Charles Inn, responded to this review, 17 May 2010
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! Packages are always a great value; I am so glad you were able to take advantage of this super deal! We hope you will be able to return in the near future!
charlotte
Reviewed 14 May 2010

What more can you ask for..this was my 3rd time at the King Charles..the 1st two w/my husband, last week w/my best friend. It's such a wonderful location, and each time we go..the updates just make it better and better. The front desk is very helpful and friendly w/suggestions..you can make your reservation w/confidence.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
KingCharlesGM, General Manager at King Charles Inn, responded to this review, 8 June 2010
WOW! Thanks for being a repeat guest! Your business is so important to us. I appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel and let others know your experience!
Denver
Reviewed 12 May 2010

I read great things about this hotel and location and was not disappointed. Our room was clean and very nice, granite, marble shower, flat screen, nice cozy king size bed, (I will note that I specifically asked for an updated room when I booked because I had had read that some might still need to be remodeled.) The location is ideal, right in downtown, close to the market, great shopping and restaurants. We walked everywhere.
We had breakfast one morning in the hotel and the staff in the "restaurant", (It was more a buffet but they were helpful to assist with anything and the food was good,) were really friendly.
The front desk people were okay but not super friendly or extremely customer service driven as far as I could tell. There were a few very minor things that they could have been done better, (And they didn't give me my cookies which I kept forgetting to ask for! ;-)) But, all in all, everything was great and we would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your stay! We appreciate your candid feedback!