“Great value. Awesome pool.”

Best Western Charleston Inn
Ranked #25 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great value. Awesome pool.”
Reviewed 25 May 2011

I chose this hotel because it was half the price of downtown hotels, had a great big pool, coin laundry and was only 3 miles from downtown. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The breakfast room woman was very friendly and helpful. She made the waffels for the guests and even brought me a wet towel to clean up my toddler. The hotel provided a packet of driving directions to everything you might need, grocery stores, wal mart, major attractions, beaches, etc. The room had two sinks - one in the bathroom and one outside of the bathroom. This came in handy. I felt this was a great value for the price and met our needs.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
SICGM, General Manager at Best Western Charleston Inn, responded to this review, 26 May 2011
I would like to thank this guest not only for choosing to stay with us but for taking the time to share their comments as well. We place a high premium on guest feedback as it allows us to improve our operation based on the thing that matters most; the requests of our guests.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed 6 April 2011

Enjoyed my recent stay at Sweetgrass Inn. The staff were very pleasant and eager to assist with any needs. The location was far enough away from Charleston proper to avoid heavy tourist traffic, but just a short drive away from activities. The room was clean, but the carpet could have been cleaner. I loved that the hotel gave me the option to "go green". Bedding was clean and in great condition. Could have used a couple more easy-access outlets. Despite being right on Savannah Highway, the room was quiet and sleep was undisturbed. Easy access to most anything within a mile or two. I'd stay here again without hesitation when visiting Charleston, but its a bit pricey and not for the budget conscious!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
SICGM, General Manager at Best Western Charleston Inn, responded to this review, 15 April 2011
I would like to thank this guest for taking the time to post their comments. We always appreciate guest feedback as it allows us to concentrate our efforts at improvmement directly at those issues which our guests find important.

As we share these reviews with our staff, I am sure they will enjoy reading that their hard work was recognized and appreciated.

Again, thank you for staying with us and for your comments. We look forward to serving you in the future.
Williamsburg, Virginia
Reviewed 16 March 2011

We stayed Monday - Friday. We arrived late on Monday (1am) to find that our room had not been cleaned -- beds not made, empty coffee cups everywhere, towels on the floor, etc. We were moved to another room in the very back of the hotel that was not as nice. It was far away from everything. The handle on the toilet was broken and would not flush. The next morning, we asked to be moved to our previous room once it was cleaned. That room was nicer, but that toilet wouldn't stop flushing! One day, we came back from sightseeing to find that our keys had been deactivated for no reason. I complained about these things when we checked out, and the guy at the desk promised me 20% off. The charge that had been on my credit card disappeared for a few days and then reappeared yesterday for the full amount. I've talked to three people about it now, and I keep getting told to talk to someone else. Extremely frustrating!

1 Thank jakittel
SICGM, General Manager at Best Western Charleston Inn, responded to this review, 31 March 2011
I would like to apoligze to this guest for the frustrating set of circumstances that occured during their stay. I believe I have already corrected this guest's billing issue; if not, please contact me directly.
I have shared this review with both our front desk and housekeeping staff so they can improve their efforts.
Again, our apologies and thanks for taking the time to review our property.
Louisburg, North Carolina
Reviewed 15 March 2011

I don't think their term is "crash and cruise", but that's what we did. We spent Saturday night there, left our car the next morning and caught a cab to the cruise terminal. The long term parking area is large and well lit. We enjoyed the continental breakfast with waffles. The staff were friendly and efficient. We'll probably stay here again when we come back to explore Charleston -- not enough time this visit. Our only suggestion is to put in more queensize beds. It's very quiet, considering the busy street in front.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
SICGM, General Manager at Best Western Charleston Inn, responded to this review, 16 March 2011
I would like to thank this guest for staying with us and taking the time to post their comments. We hope you enjoyed your cruise!

As we are located only 4 miles from the cruise departure area, we make an excellent location to spend the night before your departure. We have plenty of parking in our secure lot so you won't need to worry about your car while enjoying your cruise.

Again, many thanks for the kind words. We do hope this guest decides to visit Charleston again so they can see all the great things our city has to offer.
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed 12 March 2011

If you're planning a quick trip to Charleston, and don't want to spend a fortune on a place just to lay your head, then the B.W. Sweetgrass Inn is perfect. The staff is friendly and helpful and the rooms are adequate. The lady at the continental breakfast is fabulous and goes above and beyond to make sure you have any and everything you want. It's only 5-10 mins away from downtown Charleston and is very easy to locate once you exit the highway. The outside of the hotel can be a little intimidating (they should possibly renovate sometime soon) but the rooms are good for the price. My only complaints were that some of the outlets in the room did not work and we found some strands of hair in the bed (I'm a neat freak so this was disappointing). Overall, if you're on a budget, I would recommend staying at the Best Western Sweetgrass Inn.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
I would like to thank this guest for not only choosing to stay with us but for taking the time to post their comments. We appreciate all guest feedback as it allows us to focus our efforts directly at what matters most; our guest's comfort and enjoyment.

I am sorry this guest found hair on their sheets. I have personally discussed this review with our housekeeping staff and I am sure they will be more focused when placing clean sheets on the beds.

Again, thank you for the kind comments. We look forward to serving you in the future.
Creston, Canada
Reviewed 10 January 2011

We had a wonderful experience at BW Sweetgrass Inn. It has reasonable rates for familys buying more than one room. Rooms where clean and staff was very friendly. The pool is really nice for the kids who need to cool off after a long day in the sun. Its a salt water pool so no burning clorine! Will defintly stay again!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
SICGM, General Manager at Best Western Charleston Inn, responded to this review, 17 January 2011
I would like to thank this guest for taking the time to post their comments. We always appreciate guest feedback, be it positive or negative, as it is a valuable tool which allows us to improve our operations.

I was very happy to read that this guest enjoyed their visit with us. We strive to insure that our guests enjoy not only their visit with us but their entire stay in Charleston.

Again, thank you for your comments and for your business. We hope to see you again.
NC
Reviewed 2 January 2011

We were in Charleston for NYE and stayed 2 nights. We were pleased with the accommodations here. The room was clean and spacious. Linens, bathroom, fridge and microwave were all clean as well. We were impressed with the bed linens and felt that the bedspread was of higher quality than other cost-friendly hotels/motels we've visited. High speed/wireless internet worked well and met all our needs.

Front desk staff, breakfast staff and cleaning staff were very friendly. Every time we passed a hotel employee they spoke, said hello and/or wished us a happy new year.

On NYE (Friday) we showed up to breakfast a little before 10 (as we thought breakfast was until 10, but on weekdays breakfast ends earlier). The attendant cleaning up could have easily let us walk away hungry, but she made sure to get our attention and let us know that we could still get breakfast next door (a hotel under the same management). On Saturday we ate breakfast at the Best Western and we found breakfast at both locations to be adequate (waffles, bagels, yogurt, cereal, etc). I noticed that a family with a young child wanted Cherrio's and the attendant was very helpful making a special trip to the "back" to get Cherrio's for the child. Time and time again it seemed that the staff went above and beyond expectations.

There weren't a ton of frills here, but everything was clean and comfortable. Dogs are also accepted which is a must for us. We also felt safe, and we were please with the location as it was close to downtown and shopping.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
SICGM, General Manager at Best Western Charleston Inn, responded to this review, 3 January 2011
I would like to thank this guest for taking the time to post their comments. We always appreciate guest feedback as it allows us to constantly improve our operation.

It is our goal to offer clean, comfortable accommodations with excellent guest service. In this guest's case, it appears we came close to our goal. As we share these reviews with our associates, I am sure my staff will be happy to read that their hard work was noticed and appreciated.

Again, many thanks for your review as well as your patronage.